• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Hit whilst unattended - AGAIN!

Bad luck has follows me again.
My SS CTR was damaged outside my house. This is the second time this has happened outside the house.
anyramy3.jpg
yvy7avez.jpg

My neighbour opposite has damage on his bumper with the impact point at exactly the same height. But he is denying everything.
Not sure what I can do. Too late now. Can't be bothered with the aggravation of the insurance companies.

I have been looking at second hand doors and wings, as it is bolt on. How hard could it be? Would be cheaper than repair and respray? I could get a wing and door for less than £100 and do the work myself.

My cosmic was damaged by a cyclist last year prior to the flooding and write off.

Really p!ssed off about that.

Hanging a new door is an absolute pain in the bollocks on my previous cars. I don't know what it's like on a Honda, but it's not usually an easy job to get perfect alignment.

Would you consider a good clay bar, polish, paint cleaner, T-cut, then assess the dent and maybe get it pulled?

Fcuking ***** situation mate. Hope you get it sorted out, and if it was your neighbour, that he owns up.

Is that paint that has tranferred to your car?

I would get some pics of the damage of their car and see if they just happen to get theirs repaired ;) then just mention it in passing its been reported as a hit an run on your car

^ There can't be many turquoise cars about if so. Deffo report a hit and run if it's obviously your neighbour and they won't own up. Thundercnut.

Really can't be bothered with the aggravation. Neighbour denies everything.

As it is the second time, I'm going to put a camera outside the house. Connect it to the NAS server.

I know you cant be bothered but I'd definalty report it. A visit or letter from authority to you neighbour might be all it needs for him to own up.

I know you cant be bothered but I'd definalty report it. A visit or letter from authority to you neighbour might be all it needs for him to own up.

I havey reasons.
Problem I have is that I have had 2 incidents in 2 years. One of which was a write off. My insurance will go through the roof. If I tell the police, and the insurance get wind, even if I am not claiming, I have heard they can be crappy then null and void any insurance if I have a further claim.
Insurance companies are a---holes.

Not worth the hassle of all that in my opinion either, best off looking about for someone whos breaking an SS one, may need assistance is hanging the door but the arch should go on fine

Not worth the hassle of all that in my opinion either, best off looking about for someone whos breaking an SS one, may need assistance is hanging the door but the arch should go on fine

That's exactly what I am doing.
Hopefully do it next week.

Back