• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HKS silent hi power v Mugen twin loop

Been searching the internet for hours trying to find what is the quietest exhaust or catback for the EP3.

I've narrowed it down to these two as a lot have said these are quiet but am not 100percent sure, I also want power but main aim is bit of both but would go for the quietest out the two I think.

Currently i'm running a spoon bpipe with standard backbox and since i need a new backbox thought this was the time to go for it, the HKS silent hi power is full catback i believe and the twin loop just the backbox but not sure if it would fit on the spoon bpipe.

Thoughts?

The Mugen Twin Loop is a cat back. The back box doesn't fit on a standard b-pipe IIRC. I'm sure Dotty will confirm.

He has some vids of his Twin Loop on his build thread I'm sure.

Just throw a standard back box on the spoon mid pipe. I'd recommend the Mugen over the HKS. As above they're both cat back systems unless you *******ise them which isn't recommended.

Cheers i wasnt sure about the twin loop.

I like the standard backbox on it but just looking for a change that isnt loud, its a bit raspy just now want somthing bit more deeper tone.

Its either do a few things or sell it am getting the bug again lol.

What about the Toda system isnt that one of the quieter ones?

There is a list of exhausts somewhere on here and db output. Probably sticky

Cheers will have a swatch when am at the laptop its a pain on the phone lol.

All readings were taken at 5500rpm with calibrated meter 45' to exhaust outlet and 0.5meters away.

Manifold, B-pipe, Backbox, level (db)

Std, Std, Std, 93
Std, Std, Spoon, 102
Spoon 421, Spoon, Std 94
Toda, Spoon, Spoon, 106
Std, Spoon, Spoon, 104
Jr , TG, TG, 109
Std, TG, TG-Ti. 96
Std, Cobra us, Cobra, 109
DC, Spoon, Spoon, 108
JR, Eurosport, Eurosport, 105, Spercharger & Cams
Std, Mugen, Mugen, 89
Toda, Toda, Toda, 94

Fujitsubo is supposed to be quiet also especially the Legalis R

Last edited by a moderator:
Toda, Mugen Twin-Loop, Fujitsubo RM-01A, are all quiet systems. Spoon B-Pipe/Wider Bore B-Pipe with an OEM back-box is nice and quiet with a sporty tone.

Toda, Mugen Twin-Loop, Fujitsubo RM-01A, are all quiet systems. Spoon B-Pipe/Wider Bore B-Pipe with an OEM back-box is nice and quiet with a sporty tone.

Yeah I have spoon bpipe and oem backbox just now and it isnt loud but since I need a new back box thought I would have a change and maybe get 250bhp sitting at 245.5bhp just now.

Also its a bit raspy just now, I like it but wouldnt mind a more deeper tone.

I'm not sure a back-box change will produce 5bhp mate. So if you're looking for a new back-box and want to keep a similar sound, I'd just go for another OEM back-box; anything else is likely to be loud/louder than what you've got, with the liklihood of no power increase. I reckon.

Maybe not but bhp isnt really my main aim tbh just feel like a change lol its a bad habbit.

Also thinking about changing my cams at the same time get it mapped all at once while im down at tdi, got dc5 cams in just now.

Just getting some ideas anyway so all info welcome.

Go for a FEEL'S half Ti. Mine had a great tone and it wasn't stupidly loud which is exactly the reason I have one on my FD2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back