• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HKS+TODA +HONDATA flashpro

Hi everybody!

After 4 months of searching my HKS racing sucktion kit, TODA catback & HONDATA flash pro are on their way. All items are brand new and I can't wait till all items will be installed and ECU will be remapped:) My question is - do you think it is worth to remap the system for existing upgrades, if in a few months I'm going to get manifold as well? Or it will be better to make system tuning as TODA manifold is already installed?

p.s. one off-top question - I've found only one place where it is possible to make FRS and guys from the garage say that I will not actually feel big difference with stock setup and tyres will become flat much faster than on the stock setup. What do you think?

I'd say go to another garage if they think an FRSU is going to make your tyres go flat.

The thing is that type-r tuning is absolutely not popular in Russia and I don't know something like TDi etc. Will it be enough if I give all dimensions to guys from the garage to get good result? Or it's not possible to make FRS without proper experience?

I'd say once you get all the parts for the set up I'm sure someone on here (or if you do a bit of searching) you will find the geometry figures and ask them to copy it. By all accounts it's meant to transform the car and is a must have mod.

Oh and with the remap, I'd personally wait until you have the manifold. Remapping when it only has a cat back and induction kit is pretty pointless as you'll probably only get a few bhp more.

Could you please help with proper parts search? As far as I understand they are shims and cambers, is that right?

Hm.. So you mean that main part that really makes the car breathing better is manifold, right?

As I personally don't have a fast road set up I can't really comment on what you need, apart from camber adjusters. I think Eibach make them though.

Pretty much fella. I'm not saying a remap won't make a difference with the mods you have, it just won't be worth it cost wise in my opinion.

If you're on standard suspension or lowering springs, then for a FRSU you'll need front camber bolts and rear adjustable camber arms.

If you're on coilovers, you'll still need the rear adjustable camber arms but depending on coilover type, the front camber can be adjusted by the top mounts.

On mine, I've gone for as much as the bolts would allow on the front (about -1.2 degrees) and on the rear I have -1.5 degrees.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your info. I'm on standard suspension and when I was trying to explain Russian Eibach team what do I need with pics, got no sucsess. They told me Eibach doesn't have this kind of stuff in their range.. Can you send some articles or pics so I can search it on eBay?

And what is with tyres consumption? Is it faster on FRS?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back