• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hole in engine bay!!

Hi Guys,

so ive owned my EP3 for just over a week and something happened which shook me a little.

when i drive through a puddle water is getting up into the engine bay and onto the air filter (has some cheap induction kit with cone filter on for now)

it appears in the back right of the engine bay you can see right through to the wheel, is there supposed to be a plastic inner arch covering this hole?

i believe its just below where the original air box sat.

any help would be greatly appreciated. :eek::eek:

Nope. Thats by design that mate, they are all like that. Well, all the ones Ive seen.

Some filters like AEM sit right down in that hole - great for track but not so good for dailys as they can be prone to contributing to hydro-lock in severe wet weather.

oh great any ideas how to stop water hitting the filter? i did cover the hole with some aluminium but it got in the way of some of the steering mechanics!!

last thing i need is water in the induction

Ive had a K&N Typhoon for about 5 years. Driven long distance in severe wet weather on occassions. No problems. Google image search this filter and see if yours sits in the same location. As for the AEMS etc, you'd have to read up on them but I think they are usually OK.

The hole is there for the steering arms to be able to connect to the hub and articulate under extension and compression and turns.

Not a good idea to try to cover it!

Back