• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Homepage punctuation housekeeping - SORTED!

Not that I wish to be known as being anally retentive or anything, but when it comes to misuse of apostrophes I'm a bit of a pedant!!

Forum sections that NEED to be amended:

FAQ's - one FAQ, two FAQs, no apostrophe as it's a plural

Same goes for Other Honda's - it should read: Other Hondas, because there are more than one of them!!

While you're at it, just to be perfect -
Members Cars SHOULD READ: Members' Cars, because these are cars belonging to more than one member. If it was a forum for one member only, then it would be member's cars (presuming that this lucky member has more than one car, otherwise it would be Member's Car!!)

Suspension & Drivetrain - (Suspension, Clutches and LSD's) - lose the apostrophe from LSDs. Again, it's plural, not possessive!

As you can tell, this really bugs me. And yes, I have too much time on my hands!!

So please, Andy or Chris, get it sorted guys!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seconded. I'm now paronoid about my grammar.

Hope I didn't f*ck that last sentence up.

:lol: I'll get around to it when I've finished counting the hairs on my lychee fella... :lol:

Cheers for the heads-up. The perpetrator will be found, mocked and eternally tormented. :smt023

:lol:

Don't mean to offend anyone though, easy mistakes to make, but once the proper usage of apostrophes is understood, it makes for better and easier punctuation.

What about Type R Owners Forums at the top of this page?

Depends upon the context in which you read it, but i suppose either way it could do with a bit of punctuation.

For example, it could be read as "Type R Owners: Forums" - add a colon

or, as you point out, could be "Type R Owners' Forums" - add apostrophe!

But then it could also be Type R Owners' Forum, cos it's just one big forum?

I'll leave this one for someone else to decide :D

Now where did my worm can opener go :oops:

Depends upon the context in which you read it, but i suppose either way it could do with a bit of punctuation.

For example, it could be read as "Type R Owners: Forums" - add a colon

or, as you point out, could be "Type R Owners' Forums" - add apostrophe!

But then it could also be Type R Owners' Forum, cos it's just one big forum?

I'll leave this one for someone else to decide :D

Now where did my worm can opener go :oops:
Shouldn't it be Type-R unless it's about the FN2?

Well i thought that the EP3 was reffered to as the "Honda Civic Type-R" and they dropped the - for the FN2, becoming the "Honda Civic Type R". I'm sure I read that somewhere.... :confused:

Back