• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda/Alpine CRV Sat Nav Question!?

I've just purchased a honda/alpine sat nav head unit with a disc read error(to be used as a radio/player) and went to install it in my car to find that it's not powering on.. I read on here that you need the satnav loom for this to work? Is this correct or should the unit power on?

Much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pass. I had one in my car and something inside it obviously blew, meaning it wouldn't turn on at all. Could be the loom, could be that.

Yeah, i dont have any of the wires as in the gps antenna etc and was wondering if that was the reason why it wasnt powering on, i would of thought it would power on and allow me to use the radio and cd player etc but not the sat nav?

Yes it needs the loom. You need to splice another feed into the fusebox under the dash on the driver's side.

You can still get the attachment loom from honda part no. 08B40-S5S-602A not cheap though it's about £124

Back