• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

honda civic ep3 coilover problem

i have recently fitted coilovers to my ep3 and i know there is history with the problems with fitting them i have been told i need to change the track rod ends to inverted track rod ends and i have also been told that i need steering rack riser do i need both or will one solve the problem . also i need to know where the best place to buy these from as i am having problems finding them
cheers

Ive got Meister R coilovers on my EP3, and didn't change a thing when fitting them and they were fine. Still are.

Are you suffering from any particular problems?

suspension

its only lowered 30-40mm on front and that isnt really low to be fair but thats bad as it is steering is awful and it is wearing the tyres really bad so ive been told to buy inverted track rod ends
apparently it puts strain on the rack cause of the arms sitting at funny angle

Have you fitted camber adjusters and had the alignment checked and adjusted? Your camber will be out from where you've lowered it and will cause tyre wear

No camber adjusters it's only front that's a pain but it's just the all round feel of steering that Dosnt feel right ..

Going by the general feeling on here and what I plan to do at some point. A fast road set up would be a good way to go, get adjustable rear camber arms and adjustable bolts for the front, thats assuming you don't have camber adjustment on your coilovers and get your suspension geometry set up. Depending where you are would depend on who you'd be recommended to use.
It won't feel right if your tracking is out of alignment, it would be worth having your suspension components checked for wear and play Aswell.

right.

a) you'll only need new track rod ends if the coilovers are from a jdm ep3 (in which case you can use dc5 ones which are actually a lot cheaper) if its ukdm you wont need a thing. not heard about inverting them or anything.
b) you'll only need a steering rack riser if you're slamming it. if you're only lowering 30mm ish its not a must, fit one by all means it all helps
c) get some rear camber adjusters and get a FRSU (fast road setup done) it'll sort your geometry and your handling should be great
d) get a thicker arb (anti roll bar) just to complete the package :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back