• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda CR-Z to make comeback with 280bhp Type-R engine

Was surprised people aren't more excited about it, much more relatable to the older civics than the new 5 door only type r IMO

If it has proper rear seats and call it a CR-Z Type R, then I might be interested. :lol:

The 200bhp hybrid would be a lot of fun too I'd guess.

Was surprised people aren't more excited about it, much more relatable to the older civics than the new 5 door only type r IMO

My thoughts exactly.

If it has proper rear seats and call it a CR-Z Type R, then I might be interested. :lol:

The 200bhp hybrid would be a lot of fun too I'd guess.

There never was a CR-Z Type-R was there? I guess with 10cm chopped and short overhangs it would be roughly the same size as an EP3, so back seats would be reasonable.

No Type R of the original version, just the 1.5 hybrid and the Mugen version which never got released. You could buy the supercharger and Aero kit though.

The back seats in the original were barely useable. If the new one is the Civic platform, minus a few cm, it might just work though.

SiR ( EF8 ). Part way there!

I'd have loved one of them next but they're getting on a bit now. Sourcing parts and the like, I didn't quite fancy.

TypeGRRR's is an SiR I think.

Ah, slip of the tongue, I meant the original original, the CR-X. Too old for a type-R I guess.

The Type R badge was born with the NSX in '92. Mk2 CRXs ceased production beforehand. The Mk3 (or del slo) was a fat posers car and certainly didn't deserve an R badge. Both Mk2 and Mk3 CR-X's had a UK VT(i) and a Japanese siR version which were considered the most driver focussed variants.

The mk2 CR-X with a B16A certainly offers thrills which at least in my mind would be befitting to an early Type R. As John said I have the siR variant (+50 horses on top). :)

I also now have a CR-Z GT, which is far from a drivers car. It does however offer bags of comfort, and costs very little to run (£20 tax, £190 insurance and 45~60MPG).

I like the thought of a powerful CR-Z, but I'll believe it once Honda has announced it's production. I remember getting excited about the performance variant of the mk1 CR-Z which never came into fruition.

Back