• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Honda dealer, regarding rust on roof

Just been to my local honda dealer to enquire about the rust on the roof from the rubber cutting into it and they said straight away they will do it no problem as honda have extended the warrenty cover for this fault to six years and they will. Look at my doors too as they have slight rust under the rubber they took photos And are gonna get back in touch to do it also they have just re done two more fn2 type R s this wk and the one on there forecourt . So my advice lads is go. And enquire best thing I've done today ��

i took mine in (having seen this post ) and they agreed to repair mine too! not sure what they do entirely? Will they spray the whole roof and replace the seals? if they do that will be great as I have a nasty stone chip right in the middle (some how)!!

Thanks indeed!

Take ya car along to honda tell them about the rust on roof . They will come to ya car take pics email honda uk they will then say yes or no ! Once they say yes ya book it in for new roof rubber n full treatment n re spray , I lost my type r for 5days n had a courtesy car n that's it all done free , I got mine back last weak ...do it mate ya don't need full history , my car still had the last owner as owning it but even though I bought it , it's not a problem ,, but reading the other rust post some lads have struggled to get Honda to do thiers , it ****es me off that we all don't get the same service , mine was excellent .

progress.gif

If my car is registered 2008 does it matter what month I wonder? Nice wee fine line of rust from one side to the other. Or does anyone know where to get the new rubber to replace it?

Back