• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda dont make induction kits? what's this then?

hey people. i am a relativley new member of this forum. i posted a thread in the neewbie section (proud new owner of ctr). in this thread i said that i have a honda induction kit, wich, prompted some confusion from some members. any one care to guess what it is, i anit got a clue!

any way this is it:

001.JPG

005.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats just a nasty open cone filter, attached to some Carbon (fake?) pipe, with a Honda stick slapped on top.

You would be much better off with the standard airbox on IMO.

:( dont be so mean!! i only got my car a week ago. i've already got some jdm mats :D . it will be better soon give me chance!!!

I'm not being mean but you'd be better off with a standard airbox than that.

All thats gonna do mate is suck in loadsa hot air from your engine bay.
Ive done it before, could feel the power loss.

Your better off fitting a AEM CAI or something with a in a closed box like the Gruppe M ;)

5884560.jpg

i dont agree with the statment open cone filters lose power. i have a open cone k and n. and no power loss at all and it sounds amazing.

not to say i dont want a gruppe m:rolleyes: . but not all open cone filters are bad

as long as you're happy with your kit that's all that matters.

I only have a k&n panel filter but prefer that over Gruppe (been there done that) as I get to hear the K20 in action :cool:

It's all about personal preference

i also use the K n N and dont think it looses power. Throttle response is much better aswell. Drove my freinds stock one the other day and their is deffo a slight differance. Only thing i would say is that the car feels alot more raw with it on. Kinda miss the smoother change into vtec with a stock engine!!!

Sorry to bring this thread back to life :mad:
But yes it was a Hond-r sticker stuck to an ACAutotechnic 5" carbon intake.

We used to be the european distributor for AC but their parts never seemed to change or get any better, we are still stuck with some old cr*p that we will never get rid of.....

On a good note we are now suppliers of 'other' decent make induction kits.......:smt047

personally i dont rate any induction kits

Keep the OEM box and upgrade the filter

i have noticed some people saying just to upgrade the pannel filter in the original air box...what would people recomend?

Back