• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda Integra Type R DC5 2003 Trackday project/build **update page 10**

I'm not using Tapatalk - don't like the interface.

I've checked the pic via Tapatalk though.. Only when you guys mentioned you could see centre-caps and I was like "centre-caps? What centre-caps?" LOL..

Last edited by a moderator:
The exhaust looks like that made by a company called TechnoPro Spirits out of Japan. There's a single exit variant they make for my car has the same styling as the J's and Toda exhaust so maybe they made one for the DC5 as well. It may also just be a custom set up but we won't know unless you post more detailed pictures. Also, if the rev limiter seems high the true test is to actually carry it to the limiter and also try taking it for a full speed run. The car should speed cut at either 180km or 220km (mine cuts at 180km exact :( ); if it doesn't then you probably have an aftermarket ecu and I wouldn't change it out if I were you. Do some more digging and post some more pics, I might be able to identify some of the JDM parts for you.

CL7-R

every one is entitled to their own opinions so it doesnt bother me lol. the car was on sale along time. i think what put people off alot was the salesman didnt actually know a great deal about the car... obviously im still exploring what has and was hasnt been done to it.

as for the exhaust system... it is a full exhaust system with decat and manifold, seems alright when i looked at it all on the ramps. it should be on the ramps this week sometime so ill get some pictures.

as for the rev limit. 'milanoChris' was right about the dials. they arnt exactly the most acurate thing in the world. checked it out yesturday. mines also converted into MPH howver i have been faster than 180km in it already

Before you get warned... if you're going to go in excess of legal limits - don't mention where, unless it's private grounds or track. You haven't said anything untoward - just be mindful of it boss. It's a hot point on most civilised forums. :)

I doubt there's anything wrong with it mate - you don't spend on the type of mods this has on it, for it to turn out to be a sh!tter - obviously, unless it's been thoroughly inspected - it'll be difficult to comment with confidence - but I'd attribute the reason for the lengthy period of time to sell, to the fact that it's highly modded, and different to the normal Mugen Kit, Spoon N1, and the rest, so it's a bit of an unknown quantity.

If I'm honest, my only concern would be the credibility of the mileage - but that'd be the case with any JDM (Fresh import) but then you've got the dox etc. etc. that came with the car.

I'm pretty jealous of this car. :cool: Enjoy it... it'll have saved you a fair bit of wong in mods, until you get re-familiar/familiar with the DC5 scene and decide on how you want to take it further.

Got some pictures of the induction kit and exhaust if anyone is able to identify what make they are?

the exhaust system is a full system, but doesn't have any markings or logos on it whatsoever from what i can find

oh yeah, and i finally got a pair of standard lights thanks to integrastella on ebay.

came today, should make the rear end of the car look a million times better!

James is spot on with the intake. Exhaust is a mystery.

You'd do well to ditch that intake and get something better like ITG, ARC, Gruppe M or AEM CAI.

It sits near the exhaust manifold mate, where the ambient air is very warm.

I think that might only be an issue when the car is not moving. I'm not sure how the underside of the DC5 looks but my CL7 has a guard that also double as a diffuser with grooves cut into it that allow air to flow freely at the base of the engine. It stops just before the exhaust manifold/header. If Bernoulli's principle of fluid dynamics still holds true then at speed the air passing under the car will suck the hot air from the manifold/header under the car. I actually have the same intake but mine sits in a completely different location (behind the passenger headlight) but instead of spending money on a new intake he could consider fashioning a guard for the filter to keep some of that ambient heat away from the filter element itself. *Edit: I noticed what looks like some kind of shielding under the intake itself (the silver reflective sheet) or am I wrong?*

CL7-R

Thinking of selling the teggy, anyone got a rough idea on how much they recon its worth?

Look on pistonheads for a rough idea.

Beofre you ask, you're unfortunately not in a position to post a forsale thread in here as you have not been a member for long enough and you don not have enough posts.

That's unfortunate, the forum would have been an ideal place. yeah i'll test the water on pistonheads then.

You over on ITR-DC5.com dude? Post it there if your thinking of selling or Pistonheads itself.

Back