• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda Integra Type R DC5 2003 Trackday project/build **update page 10**

little update

had a few things done this month. had the suspension track/fast road set up. wheels rebalanced and tyres filled with nitrogen. tyres definitely warm up and grip alot better now!

had the car dyno'd aswel. max output out of 3 runs was 195.1hp at the wheel.

woke up early this morning, did my jobs and thought i'd set upon stripping the car out a little bit. havnt really decided how far i want to go with this yet. i kind of like having music to drive along to lol

here's a few pictures so far

green valve caps

half stripped out

removed the rear seats

I'm unsure whether to remove the rear seat belts and side panels.

let me know what you think

Done abit more in the last hour. Had a racing seat in my garage for a while now. So thought i’d install it. Tempted to take out the carpets now lol

Weather is picking up! If it keeps shining i’ll take the carpets out too.

Weather stayed nice so i went for the carpets in the end.
Had to take out the seat i just installed but oh well!

Stripped out

Put the race seat back in

I've just had a quick Google, and it seems it's not allowed and would fail an MoT. Strut braces are designed to give strength left and right, not front and back, I'd imagine in a crash, the strut bar would rip off and you'd end up on your bonnet, through your windscreen.

Previous owner had the same set up so i assumed it would be ok. I'll find out, if its not i'll use the orignal rear seat belt anchors. I doubt a strut brace is likely to rip out ***.

Look at the size of the strut bolts compared to seatbelt mounts or ones used on O rings, big difference. In a crash, it's your body weight multiplied pulling on those bolts.

The orignal seat rail bolts used were 15mm, the orginal bolts for the seat belts were 15mm. I'm pretty sure the strut brace used 15mm+ also, will check the exact mm when i am home.

I could relocate the harness to where the rear seat belts used to be, but them brackets are also held down by 15mm bolts

The orignal seat rail bolts used were 15mm, the orginal bolts for the seat belts were 15mm. I'm pretty sure the strut brace used 15mm+ also, will check the exact mm when i am home.

I could relocate the harness to where the rear seat belts used to be, but them brackets are also held down by 15mm bolts

Still, I would use the seat belt mounting points. It is, after all, what they were designed for.

Dude, I seriously would not run that harness around the bar like that.

Just cos other people do it, doesnt mean its safe.

Its basic leverage and force principles.
Big impact and that bar will most likely fold, shearing its securing bolts

Dude, I seriously would not run that harness around the bar like that.

Just cos other people do it, doesnt mean its safe.

Its basic leverage and force principles.
Big impact and that bar will most likely fold, shearing its securing bolts

i'll see what other ways there is. I'm getting a roll cage in the next couple of weeks. would it be advisable to attach it to that instead?

If it has a dedicated harness bar then yes.

I run mine to eye bolts in the rear seat belt buckle mount points.

Not ideal, but I'll be getting a harness bar soon.

Tegiwa Induction kit

Finally got round to sorting out a new induction kit, i ordered a Tegiwa (GruppeM copy) was rather a **** take for it to arrive, especially when i did the option for 24hour delivery and it took over 2 weeks for it to be even dispatched...

the pictures are rather rushed, but you get the idea :)

I had to remove the Mugen Strut brace to install it, but i'm just glad it fits over the airbox again with no problems lol.

Back