• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Honda Japan sells stripped down track-only FD2

surely it's cheaper to buy this, then kit it out for UK roads?

Wonder what all those who've already bought the FD2 are thinking after they've read this???

Wonder what all those who've already bought the FD2 are thinking after they've read this???

I don't think that would be permitted Mossy - Honda Japan have stated that it is non road compliant, track use only. I would imagine there would be alot of red tape to cut before jumping onto that bandwagon. :lol:

So it was just put there to frustrate us all then at that price?

Doesn' say why it isn't road compliant, but would have thought it could be adapted to make it so

My knowledge of importing isn't the strongest, but i guess someone would probably need to fork out a couple of quid for a new model report, as the current fd2 wouldn't cut it, but there's potential there.

well either that, or i'll just use it for trackdays, and get a new car that can trailer it!

They did the same with the DC5 didnt they?? I think Spoon Europe still have one for sale on their website!

I'm not thinking anything. It's a stripped out track only car that you would probably struggle to get exported and despite the price tag, you wouldn't get it on the road for anyway near what you might think.

It probably doesn't have a chassis number/vin plate so would be impossible to road register it. Wouldn't be hard to import one as the basis as a track only or race car though:)

That might be a good option really. Just drive it on the track where the full potential can be exploited.

Think GPR will order one at that price for our 24hour race jobbie :twisted:

Back