• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Honda Type R GT Service Advice

Hey folks,

So I bought an 08 plate 100k miles on the clock Honda type r gt and just looking for a bit of guidance on what I should do/arrange first as the service history for it is non-existent but it does have MOTs from day 1. So I'm getting a part service done on it for Monday for an oil change/oil filter ( I do know the oil was changed the day I bought it but getting a full check done by my local garage is always a safe bet for me) and a good look over. I've no idea when the spark plugs were last changed on it or when a valve clearance was last done. I was going to leave the spark plugs for now as the engine fires up absolutely fine but I think I should fire it in for a valve clearance asap, what do you guys think?

Also how much do you guys think a valve clearance would cost? I'm based in the UK and just got quoted £220.

I drove the car for 3.5 hours home and it was perfect but yesterday I was hearing a sort of whirling tappy tinny type of sound so not sure what this could be, suppose I wil find out from the service on Monday but other than that it's a stunning drive.

Back