• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hondata Intake Gasket

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Anyone tried one? Just wondering if they are as good as the hype the the US make about them.

And how much are they?

redcap on the other forum has a replica one for sale
I am thinking about this next when i can afford to get my exhaust manifold put on and a couple of hours dyno time
I have been told that they are very good by system-r's kiwi salesman and for the price its worth a try

lecurie said:
redcap on the other forum has a replica one for sale
I am thinking about this next when i can afford to get my exhaust manifold put on and a couple of hours dyno time
I have been told that they are very good by system-r's kiwi salesman and for the price its worth a try

Yeah I hear they lower the intake temperatures very efficiantly thus giving more BHP.

I would say one of these is a must if you are serious about performance, my intake manifold (with standard gasket) was too hot to touch after a short run, but Mr. Zippo's (with Hondata gasket) was barely even warm!

The Hondata IMG is essential to minimise power lose by reducing intake temp.
In theory you won't be gaining any power.

What the above have said, just lowers intake temps. Even then if you drive the car hard for a good while the intake manifold will still be fairly hot, although not scolding as previously.

Cheers guys.

Are they easy enough to self fit or would I be better of getting a garage to do it?

and me Black R rate these highy, very good mod the money.

might try and pick up a few from usa bring erm back.

I take it that the gasket from a K20A2 will not fit on a K20A due to the differing intake manifolds?

Fire_2 said:
Black R did mine, around 30mins 8)

Colin on the CTRO forum fitted quite a few for other members. Unfortunately he was a bit too far away to do mine.

Jon

milano_chris said:
I take it that the gasket from a K20A2 will not fit on a K20A due to the differing intake manifolds?

It's the length of the runners that is different Chris, the gasket and connection to the block are identical.

CTR_Paul said:
milano_chris said:

It's the length of the runners that is different Chris, the gasket and connection to the block are identical.

Cheers Paul.

Back