• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hondata reflash

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any dyno graphs of the hondata re-flash? been looking everywhere to see what sort of gains come out of it.

cheers,
Jase

I had one don't have a graph but it was good at the time if you just have catback and an induction kit anything else they say its no good, but apparently they are actually k100 with a basic map on it so they can be retuned at a later date, I noticed a big difference with it and big difference in using less fuel but after seeing things on here etc I wouldn't go for one for long term.

I had one don't have a graph but it was good at the time if you just have catback and an induction kit anything else they say its no good, but apparently they are actually k100 with a basic map on it so they can be retuned at a later date, I noticed a big difference with it and big difference in using less fuel but after seeing things on here etc I wouldn't go for one for long term.

The reason i want one is to improve the fuel consumption and stop it running like a dog. Thats what i thought, you get a k100 fitted. So at a later date i could just splash out 350 for a new map with my new mods. Im going to go for it next month.

Why not? I have been looking in to this for mine as well
It would be ok but just personally would rather my car running perfect, as its just a basic map on the reflash it isn't going to be perfect as every cars engine is different in certain ways but its just me being fussy and would rather a map specific for my car.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason i want one is to improve the fuel consumption and stop it running like a dog. Thats what i thought, you get a k100 fitted. So at a later date i could just splash out 350 for a new map with my new mods. Im going to go for it next month.
I'm assuming it will be Cpl? as they are only ones that do the reflash that I know of, yes you can buy it then at a later date pay for it to get mapped but best bet is email Cpl see what they say no doubt they won't charge the full 350 if you buy the reflash from them.

I'm assuming it will be Cpl? as they are only ones that do the reflash that I know of, yes you can buy it then at a later date pay for it to get mapped but best bet is email Cpl see what they say no doubt they won't charge the full 350 if you buy the reflash from them.

Yeah im going to get in contact with cpl and see whats the best for me. Also does anyone know if the k100 will be locked in anyway to cpl? What im trying to say is if i were to purchase the reflash would i be able to get a new map at a later date elsewhere?
And yes its just hondatas basic number 4 map. As im only having it short term its all good for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah im going to get in contact with cpl and see whats the best for me. Also does anyone know if the k100 will be locked in anyway to cpl? What im trying to say is if i were to purchase the reflash would i be able to get a new map at a later date elsewhere?
And yes its just hondatas basic number 4 map. As im only having it short term its all good for me.
They usually lock it mate but sure you could chance it and ask them not to lol.

I have a dyno graph here from an ep3 that has been reflashed. Rpm range has been cut off the towards the end for some reason.... I personally have a reflashed ecu on my ep3 with only an induction kit and it has improved performance night and day! Get vtec from 5200-9000 rpm, the vtec engagement is smooth and low and midrange power has increased making me able to pull away from standard ep3s easily! In terms of mpg not sure it improves too much. Certainly transformed my ep3. :D

null_zpseb5e8264.jpg

The reflashed ecu used on the car from this dyno graph is the ecu I have in mine. TDI told me that the reflash isn't a CPL reflash but a reflash direct from Hondata themselves which has a better map apparently.... Not sure of the difference between them both but I'm certainly happy with it!

The reflashed ecu used on the car from this dyno graph is the ecu I have in mine. TDI told me that the reflash isn't a CPL reflash but a reflash direct from Hondata themselves which has a better map apparently.... Not sure of the difference between them both but I'm certainly happy with it!

I didnt realise hondata did that themselves, any idea as to how much that costs or even if they still offer that service?

I didnt realise hondata did that themselves, any idea as to how much that costs or even if they still offer that service?

As far as I'm aware you would have to send your ecu direct to hondata and they reflash it and send it back.... Haven't ever done it so not 100% on the process or price sorry.

As far as I'm aware you would have to send your ecu direct to hondata and they reflash it and send it back.... Haven't ever done it so not 100% on the process or price sorry.

No the cpl reflash is the same as the hondata reflash. You can go on hondatas website and its the number 4 map. Cpl are the retailers over here for that product

Back