• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hondata reflash

If it's just a K100 with a generic map on it, any other tuner should be able to 're-map' it.

I'd be happy with 225bhp from just a reflash, and the ability to remap in thr future. I have same airbox too just different exhaust. Food for thought!

Ive been chatting to a guy who's had this done, its very noticable aparantly, and with me not getting a manifold etc it seems very worthwhile.

My mate has this fitted, he said the biggest difference is the lowered vtec point making it much easier to drive around track.

Im thinking of going this way, I have a 4-2-1 manifold and RBC in the garage, but buying a house may mean adding these is out the window :( so reflash may be the way to go

Yeah its worth it! But his plan was always to get it remapped, which is happening monday. That's where the biggest gain will be, but he said the low vtec and higher redline was really helpful on track! He said it never dropped out of vtec :)

so let me get this straight a hondata reflash lowers the vtec point and you can rev higher plus if you want the most out of it you can get it remapped???

well i always thought of a k100 but i dont intend to get a manifold or anything else and if you can get it mapped then i will get a reflash instead think i might get intouch with cpl/tdi north and ask

Im going to use cpl tbh. i was going to go down the manifold decat route but decided not too so this seems ideal. Cpl seem to be very helpful and the whole process is painless

As above. My mate sent CPL his ECU and had it back, with k100 reflashed ECU, 2 days later. Cant complain with that!! Plus he's getting it remapped on monday as he has race header and RBC manifold. Seems a good step, get the reflash, and if/when you want more, buy the parts and you have a remappable ECU

I done this about a year and a half ago before it was known its actually a k100 and sold it for 300, but anyway it did only take 2 days to come back to me special delivery and it was noticable different well worth it.

After 6months i wanted more power so my plans changed from not doing anything else to doing loads.

It can 100percent be remapped as i spoke to cpl about it but it being 8hour drive there and back i decided to go to tdi hence why i sold it and got a kpro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I bought the civic I had a list of things I wanted to get for it but tbh having a house etc kind of limits you lol. This option is the best for me and have heard great things with regards before and after. I will be concentrating more on handling and stopping tbh.

thanks for the feedback just needed to check will be buying a reflash

just one last thing did you guys do this to the ep3 or fn2

It was ep3 don't think you can do it to a fn2 they dont take k100 or kpro its somthing else but i can't remember what lol.

It was ep3 don't think you can do it to a fn2 they dont take k100 or kpro its somthing else but i can't remember what lol.

FN2 uses Hondata Flashpro, a module that plugs into the OBD port and reflashes the OEM ECU. It's the equivalent of the Kpro in that you can data log with it and upload maps yourself as it has a USB port on it too.

It comes with a generic map on the Flashpro manager software, Group N map it's called.

Do you rate the reflash mate? Very tempted
Assuming you mean the reflash for the EP3....

I honestly thought it was great its noticable straight away. As i said though once you get the bug you want to do more down the line at the time i said its the last thing i do to my car, only reason i changed mine.

I noticed i got more out of a tank of fuel aswell i would say about 30miles more maybe more depends how you drive.

Back