• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hope someone can help

Rob

Hope someone can help

I have a strange noise coming from the engine when I first pull away in the and only in the morning, it only lasts for say the first two or three gear changes. It sounds like something is slipping ?

I can park the car for the rest of the day at work and when I leave there is no noise it just seems to happen in the morning so a pit lost on what it could be.

Any ideas would be much appreciated

I have taken the car back to the garage but they said that they could not find anything wrong.

Thanks

Rob

Does it sound like Chewbacca, just as the clutch bites?? :?: :lol: (i am being serious) :wink:

Hi

I'm not sure I would say it sounds like chewbacca but would defiantly say that I only hear the noise when I am lifting off the clutch (so the clutch is going then?) :cry:

Rob

Re: Hi

Rob said:
I'm not sure I would say it sounds like chewbacca but would defiantly say that I only hear the noise when I am lifting off the clutch (so the clutch is going then?) :cry:

Rob

Mine does it, sort of a groan, its been doing it for about 2 years and still works fine, imo its just a damp plate or bearing as mine doesn't do it in warm dry weather.

Mine does this but only when the weather is very cold, I took it to the dealers and they said its nothing to worry about, just resonance apparently.

mine has started the Chewbacca noise...and the rattle at start..and the burning smell on short drives, and the clunky steering, all the common 'traits' of the CTR...but when blasting around the mountain roads..who cares. :wink: :lol: 8)

Back