• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hope the Honda - maty project thread

Hey all,

its about time I left the newbies section and posted some actual stuff worth reading 

pics will be uploaded tonight but I've just reached the half way point on doing my drop links and roll bar bushes 

My tapatalk won't let me post on this thread which is odd and it won't let me edit this post either to add pictures hmmms....

cheers,
matty

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't let me edit the above post on tapatalk, but at least I can reply now 

So the car in its current form
6a37c2a87a2ece2eccbc3e8bfc905d45.jpg

81d25cff7c6fb6b8056355bfb2a6af47.jpg

So my first job I went for was changing the bushes and drop links on the front...
This went really bad and ended up taking far too long and I never even got to the bushes in the end...

Girlfriends garage is very tight...
767d3f88b09078bafad0d6bc3b60e92e.jpg

All my tools and stuff, this is going to be easy XD
0645acbc4476ddea337134c236f00545.jpg

The old drop links
57f1c184431558d54212eb54f05da00f.jpg

The shiny new ones
c08440e2f24d8307a5cfc7e21329bfc6.jpg

It's at this point everything went wrong and the bolts were seized tighter than anything I had tryed to do on a car before... After a couple of hours trying to do it properly o sawed one off...
527f5f772e1f9d644b98b6ac34c1c092.jpg

Fitting the new one was easy from there really...
06c5fc752e8afed91aa55d1ce0067b8e.jpg

That's one side done, but it took ages and my hack saw had died a noble death so the other side was stuck...

I don't have pictures from this point cause it had been going on too long and my missus was annoyed , so I got out an angle grinder and it came off very quickly and life's all good...

Untill my exhaust fell off a few days later but Ile post that up soon as it's an ongoing problem lol 

Cheers Matty,

If you've anything more like that seized up soak it with wd fourty and leave it for a few hours. Will make the job much easier. Some effort you've put in fair play.

The wd40 dident touch it, and the nut was seized onto the bolt and the bit on the bolt where you place a hex key to stop it turning had sheared...
May least tgere done now though lol XD

lol it wasn't just me that smiled at that bit. And yeah i had to do the same with the Drop links why they put allen key fittings and not flats like most cars

Yeah the Bonnet Bra is awful much better off(I need to stop making innuendos), It came with the car so I thought I might at least try it... Got some funny looks with the office before I removed it :p

Even my girlfriend laughed at the garage bit :p

So the current issue is the exhaust, which mostly fell off and then I got it mostly fixxed but its too loud and now I want to replace everything from the cat back :)

Not sure if I want to go for a full stainless steel set-up or not, I just need it to be quiet for normal driving so I dont get an ear ache and I hate drone'y exhausts but still sound sporty when sporty driving(if that makes any sense?).

I was looking at the Oval one of these
http://www.cobrasport.com/index.php/cobra-sport-exhaust/honda/civic/honda-civic-type-r-00-06.html
not sure to get full stainless, or just back box and standard middle whats your advices cause I know nothing in the exhaust department :(

Cheers,
Matty :)

So my first
This went really bad and ended up taking far too long and I never even got to the bushes in the end...

Girlfriends garage is very tight...
It's at this point everything went wrong
tighter than anything I had tried
After a couple of hours trying to do it properly
it had been going on too long and my missus was annoyed , so I got out an angle grinder and it came off very quickly and life's all good...

much better
I thought I might at least try it... Got some funny looks with the office before I removed it :p
Even my girlfriend laughed

Subscribed.

Nice, cars looking good

I have an oval exhaust system on mine and its not too loud, though I'm not sure which one as it was on the car when I bought it and can't find any brand label on it. Thought it was the cobra one, but the only one I can find that looks like it with no branding from pics on the internet is the Piper exhaust. It's definitely pretty quiet though when just driving normally, even not bad on the motorway, but then comes to life when you get to 3500/4000+ revs and sounds pretty nice :)
From when I was researching into what mine might be looking at videos on youtube, the oval ones all seem quite similar and not too loud at lower revs, so could be what you're looking for.
The jokes in this thread made my lunch at work more entertaining too, good luck with your exhaust hunt dude

Lets necro this thread :)

so in the last 10 months the car has had a stainless steel exhaust fitted
new tyres alignment
new clutch

All sorts of bits, but when me and a friend were doing the clutch, we sorta crushed the knock sensor(oops) and ive been struggling to find any guide on how to remove the manifold... anyone got any suggestions how to do this?

Back