• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Horrible tapping/clicking noise from behind steering column (FN2 GT)

Just bought my 58 plate FN2 GT,

in the test drive the noise wasn't apparent, however i've noticed that when driving along there is a clicking noise coming from the steering wheel / dash area... it sounds like a computer mouse is being clicked extremely fast and my girlfriend described it as loads of bugs/insects behind the wheel.

I've also realised my cruise control doesnt work so im guessing the two could be related? I've booked it in under the warranty so hopefully it'll get fixed, but just wondering if anyone else has had similiar problems? :(

Does it do it all the time?

Mine does it sometimes but I find moving the rake and up and down adjustment a few times sorts it out.

Does it do it all the time?

Mine does it sometimes but I find moving the rake and up and down adjustment a few times sorts it out.

yes mate, it doesnt really feel like its doing it at low speeds... i'll give that a try but it does sound kinda electrical!

and Dotty it was a dealer (Peugeot dealership) so i got 3 months warranty with the car

I suppose mines more of a creaking noise than tapping actually

it doesn't sound like a creaking etc... it's more of an electric noise like a fuse is popping or something... as my cruise control doesn't work i'm assuming it's something to do with that. Anyhow i will get it all sorted under the warranty which is fine.

Same problem on ep3

Hello mate.

Did you find out what that clicking noise was coming from as I've started
My car this morning and have the same problem. It's exactly as you describe. Any ideas?

Thanks

Back