• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How essential is this.......

One of my cat heat-shields fell/was hanging off today, well done honda for a well built lasting design there! I noticed the floor near the handbrake console was warm to the touch so my question is how essential is this heat shield? Will my car melt it's self or am I good to leave it off?
f05a8a3ee123c9c88b9d441e562debd9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of people on here that remove the heat shield once it gets to this stage, I strapped mine up on my last one several times before removing it.
You should be fine.
you don't get a replacement heat shield when running a race header & never heard of any problems.

Something less to rattle about and some weight loss

Honda want a small fortune for a replacement and they don't even provide lube with the invoice!
Was thinking of running heat tape along the top of the cat to protect the cab but seems a lot of people run without it so hopefully the car won't spontaneously combust.

I would have thought it would be fine , would be better if you could repair it to fit again as they do serve a purpose, diverting heat away from the cabin, also don't park over dry grass as they the cats get seriously hot

It appears I've been missing the bottom one since purchase but slightly more concerned about the top one. Honda want about £125 for both shields and mount (£57 each). Finding them second hand is proving a challenge as they do disintegrate over time. Looks like strategically placed heat wrap for peace of mind is on the cards.

Once you've no wiring around the centre consoles like alarms etc that can be melted (yes, it happens) then it should be fine left off.

Back