• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How hard is it to install a piggyback ECU?

As above really.

Guess this applies to the Dastek, HKS and AEM (not sure on the AEM though)

Just wondering what is involved with installing a piggyback ECU? Is it straight forward? What is involved?

Most seem to have wiring harnesses with a connector so is it just a case of plugging in? Most seem to say 'plug in and play'. So I'm guessing no hardwiring is required.

Any responses are much appreciated as always.

G

I'm pretty sure the AEM is a standalone unit as you lost some dash functions with it.

The Unichip comes with a removeable harness IIRC?

The Kpro is more functional than both the Unichip and HKS, the AEM is very good but a bit OTT for most people.

Yeah I wasn't sure about the AEM, whether standalone or piggyback.

I believe the Dastek and HKS both have the removable harness.

Was just wondering how such units are installed.

G

magicgreg said:

G

I never really looked into the HKS unit so installation but there were two options on the Unichip, hardwired so therefore a pain the remove being the cheaper one, and a plug and play harness being the more expensive of the two :)

HASNIC said:
magicgreg said:

G

I never really looked into the HKS unit so installation but there were two options on the Unichip, hardwired so therefore a pain the remove being the cheaper one, and a plug and play harness being the more expensive of the two :)

So with the plug and play, is it a case of simply plugging the harness into the ECU - is there a seperate space for this to be plugged in or is it a case of removing one of the connectors on the ECU and replacing with the piggyback?

G

To be totally honest with you it's been a while since i looked into it, i'm racking my brain from a couple of yrs back and i'm struggling :oops:

Back