• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How long will an engine last?

With regular servcing and treating the engine well i.e. no cold booting, the sky is the limit.

Remember the Sierra that hit 1 million miles a few years back?

Am I right in thinking it's not normally the engine that fails on cars, its the chassis, suspension, gearbox stuff like that.

It all adds up and then the cost to fix these outway the value and then their done for, as it were.

Its teh rest of the car that kills them.

I had a Volvo 440 with 180,000 miles on and it never missed a beat. As long as you change the oil regular then it will be ok.

Like suits says, it's normally the suspension bushes ,shock absorbers oe engine mounts that go before the engine gives up.

I ended up replacing the front shocks and I still see the car around and I know it's done 225,000 miles now and its still going strong. ( Even after me driving it for 8 months - rofl !!! )

Looks more like a service centre than an auction house. Prob find the owner of the car works there or something.

Don't know any aution houses with ramps in, there normally just one big car park.

Back