• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

how low to go?

i have so far put on a strut brace and rear jdm arb to improve the handling on my ctr. this has helped with turn in and the rear feels alot more planted now but there is too much roll with the standard shocks and springs.

how low do i need to go to combat the body roll?

i am thinking of putting on a set of spoon progressive or eibach pro springs but there are fooking hundreds of speeds bumps surrounding me and i will be adding an exhaust in the not too distant future which may sit lower than standard and i dont want to batter off of speed bumps.

will just a set of these springs with standard shocks cut down on th roll?

Spoon springs are meant to be quite good and not too low, either those or Tein springs which are also meant to be quite good will help.

Spoon springs are meant to be quite good and not too low, either those or Tein springs which are also meant to be quite good will help.

What funky said as i thnk they will only lower up to about 25mm which should be enough clearance even with an aftermarket exhaust, im 35mm lowered and scrape occassionally but nothing major...:)

Im on Eibach's, which lower the car about 20mm. It reduces body roll quite a bit and stiffens the handleing up without making the ride too firm.

I don't hit anything, however since I have had my Spoon B pipe fitted (which hangs a little lower than OEM) I have scraped that a few times.

Am also on eibach's no problems don't forget you will need front & rear camber bolts & a fast road set up done :twisted:

thanks for the replies guys.
looks like i will be going for the eibach pro kit as its about £100 cheaper than the spoons.
anyone know whats a good set of camber adjusters and bolts and where to get them?
fast road setup will be a pain for me as no-one around me does it.

thanks for the replies guys.
looks like i will be going for the eibach pro kit as its about £100 cheaper than the spoons.
anyone know whats a good set of camber adjusters and bolts and where to get them?
fast road setup will be a pain for me as no-one around me does it.

Eibach make the spoon ones you are just paying for the name :smt047

try these guys...... http://funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.p...+STABILITY&level2=CAMBER+CORRECTION+KITS&man= i think thy are based in scotland

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been told if i lower my ep3 civic 60mm with the standard shocks they will burst? Does anybody know if this will happen?

I would lower my car to reduce the body roll but due to my spoon b-pipe scraping across some of the speed humps in central london (there bloody everywhere) its stopping me, thats too expensive of a b-pipe to just bash about i feel.

I have been told if i lower my ep3 civic 60mm with the standard shocks they will burst? Does anybody know if this will happen?

lol, 60mm thats low.

Dont use OEM dampers with those springs they will burst, or at least not last very long.

Coilovers for you my belly scraping friend :lol:

I'm sure people have used the ABP springs which are -35mm for a while without to many problems.

But the lower you go the more pressure it puts on the OEM dampers, look out for the misting on the dampers as a sign that they are not enjoying life and are on their way out.

Your friendly MOT man will tell you anyway.

Does anyone know how low you can go on standard Tie rod ends? I know that after a certain point they will pretty much snap and adjustable ones are preferable on any lowered EP3 but I am getting some Tein Monoflex next week, currently have it lowered on Tein springs and had no problems and wanted to know if I can safely go lower.

Thanks

(sorry to hijack your thread)

Back