• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

how many miles left on reserve?

Quickly, roughly his many miles can you get out if a EP once the light kicks in?Dont want to be embarrased on they way home tonight

30 shouldn't be an issue if you take it steady, there's around 2 gallons left in the tank when it comes on, but I'd be wanting to fill it up ASAP for piece of mind.

I don't trust it.

I've done 26 miles with the light on (home to work), I've also once dont about 20 and the light went back off again and I got about another 40 out of it.

Guesswork.

I got about a 15 mile trip home later so think ill chance filling up @ tescos when I get home as all the stations on the way are silly prices

I got about a 15 mile trip home later so think ill chance filling up @ tescos when I get home as all the stations on the way are silly prices
As Beard says 15 miles should be fine but what's wrong with putting £5 in on the way home for piece of mind, then filling up at home? It's not exactly going to ruin your Christmas.

Caz hates me when I do that. I always push cars as far as I can.

I had a focus diesel estate once light came on on way home from work (30 mile trip), couldn't be bothered filling it up next day. About 2 miles from work it started chugging it cut out when I turned into the work car park and I coasted into a space.

True story.

Usually 7-litres in the EP3 = about a tenners worth, which for me used to be about 45-50 miles, round town too.

Back