• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How much boost can EP3 CTR take on stock internals / stock C/R?

As title really I am a fairly competent mechanic and currently pondering a turbo conversion. I could source or fabricate most of the parts myself, but I was wondering what sort of boost they can run without opening the enigne up to drop the compression?

Also what sort of power can be gained from say 5-10psi of boost?

Its not the boost thats limited, its the torque. Im currently running 14psi, and Im around 450bhp, and 300ish lbft. Im running a bone stock motor and its coping fine. I have Kpro so I run boost cut at 14.8psi, if I reach 14.8pso it cuts the motor to save the it from damage. If you have a look at my build thread, somewhere in the there is a picture of a white broard with a load of figures for different levels of boost. Its a rough guide of what Im getting from upping the boost. But it all depends on what set up you go for and how efficient the system it. But at 10psi you should see figures over 300bhp.

Thanks Tom that's really good info and a healthy response to boost! What sort of quarter mile times do you run? 12's I'd imagine?

And when you say stock - is that stock injectors / fuel pump...? Literally just turbo, manifold, intercooler and Kpro?

Ive maxed out my 1000cc Injectors, and Im running a Bosch and Walbro fuel pumps. Stock motor is just that, the motor.

Back