• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How Much Can Be Made From Breaking a 2002 Pre Face Lift Type R Civic

As in the title, with civics dropping in price I was wondering how much could be made from a 2002 civic type r if it's broken down and sold in parts

Cheers Alex

Was just out of interest really cause I've seen rough ones going for £2500-3000 wondered what breaking a car would compare like.

If you have the facilities, know how and time to do it, then you could probably make a fair bit of money.

Guessing the only really hard bit is getting the engine and gearbox out, the rest would pretty straight forward I would think. Depends on the price of second hand stuff!

Yeah that's buy it now seen a working one go for £900 bidding up the other day and about £600 with issues. Seen some very tempting cosworth engines on there two ! :) but £6k is very steep!

It all adds up, engine, seats, gearbox and wheels would fetch close to £2000 I would have thought. Then you have bakes, hubs, driveshafts, steering rack, ECU, all the interior trim suspension, airbox, exhaust etc etc. People are always wanting parts.

Yeah, if its somewhere near £3k I can see people being tempted as there are some really cheap ones about now! Then theres the shell that can be weighed in for scrap.

Back