• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How much is a new wheel? Never let the woman drive!

Well had my second MAC day today. But seeing as though as I'd already done one with my first CTR I though I'd be nice and let the Mrs drive instead. She needs her driving skills improving. :roll:

After repeating the words "Wheels and kerbs don't mix" till I was blue in the face I thought I might have got the message through, but oh no...

The MAC bloke asks her to pull over to the side of the road, I spot the dirty great kerb, so lean into the front and say "Wheels and kerbs" she glares at me and the MAC bloke laughs. She parks the car perfectly next to the kerb...

...then forgets to put the blo0dy handbrake on and rolls slowly backwards scraping pretty much the whole edge of the rear wheel as she does it! :evil:

Soooooo deep breath. How much is a wheel going to cost HER from Honda?

I would hate to think how much they would cost from a Dealer £150-200 I would think :shock:

Best beat is to get it repaired. I had both fronts done at my dealers and it cost £55 8) If you look you can see the repair, but you really have to look.
Failing that keep an eye on the classifieds on here and get a 2nd hand wheel.

Just make sure you get the right wheel, as there is a small difference in shades between pre/post facelift wheels.

The cars only 6 weeks old so I want a new wheel, besides the woman is paying not me! I was expecting more than £200 though?

I'm going keep the old wheel and eventually put a worn tyre on it so I've got a full size spare.

Think a new wheel from Honda is about £230, as Paul said just wait a bit and get a second hand wheel from the CTRO forums, I bought two a while ago costing me £75 each and they were absolutely mint, the alternative is to refurbish the wheel, the only problem is they won't guarantee a perfect paint match, and this can cost as much as a secodn hand alloy from these forums.

You could also look on Ebay, as they always sprout up :wink: Good luck with your find.

Just to rub it in a bit, I bought two brand new alloy's for £250 incl delivery :wink: Keep your eye's peeled and you'll bag a bargain.

I have a brand new wheel never used, but its from the pre 2004 std they have a courser texture to them, I bought it has a spare for my CTR which is gone now.

I paid £230 for my new wheel from Honda :cry: :cry:

The wife had her new car a week before she first kerbed it.
I don't let her drive the CTR :wink: :lol:

see if i get this right

You think your wife need to improve her driving skills. Reading between the lines this says that she is either a poor driver or you thing she is a poor driver. (I'm with women = poor)

And the best way to improve this fault is to let her drive you 6 week old new civic. What did you expect.

Plus for some reason women become even worse at driving when there other half is in the car.

I suprised you got away with 1 damaged wheel

Back