• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 how much is this dc2 worth ?

ok, ive saw a 1998 jdm dc2 type r (white) and the guy has gave me a price that i think is decent enough but would just like to know what everyone else thinks because i dont know that much about them except that i wanted it as soon as i had a shot lol. it has done 60k miles, has dc5 rear lights, has different bumpers on it but i dont know the make of them, very big mugen induction kit (again dont know the name of it but its huge), im sure he says the exhaust is a buddyclub spec2, 4 brand new yokohama tyres, HID lights, cant think of anything else. the guy has had this for about 1 year and he i s the 1st uk owner, hes had it off the road for the past 6 months and he lives next door to me so i know this is true. ive also been in the car a few times and had a shot and it drives fine, no knocks or bumps etc. the interior is also fine.

thats all i can remem so far. can anybody give me an idea of how much they think this is worth ?

Well to be honest, its a bit hard to put a price to it.

From the loose description its probably worth anywhere between £5250 - 6500.

Whats the condition of the car? Does it have any service history at all?

yeah i do realise that was a loose description, but thanks for the reply anwyay. the car is in very good condiotion, paintwork is fine no scratches dents rust or chips anywhere, the interior of fine too apart from a little damage to the drivers seat which isnt major, driver fine. the guy got it about a year ago and was imported from a company in bradford. is there anything else i should be asking the guy about ? im not sure about the servise history but i will be able to find that out today hopefully. sorry if yous get this all the time but i just dont wana rush into buying this, althought i do want it right now lol.

Probably best to look at www.pistonheads.com in the classified section to see the going rate. Bout the 6 mark seems to be average for a 98 spec. If it's got non std bumpers then you should be able to squeeze the guy down a bit.

Well jealous, I adore my ep3, but whenever I see a CW dc2 i just come over all longingly....:smt060

ive had a look around a few sites including pistonheads and that, the average price is about 5500ish for the same kinda spec so i think id be getting this for about maybe that price less a couple hundred pounds the guy said cos he knows me, so i think maybe a decent deal.

if it looks good and drives good then i say go for it, if you still unsure then have it check out by AA or another car check scheme.

Good luck

Back