• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How much lower is a 05 onwards than the 54 backwards?

I'm looking at getting some springs (probably abp) and have been doing some measuring but I don't know wether its going to be 30mm lower than the 02-54 plate or the 05 onwards as I heard somewhere that the 05 onwards was already 15mm lower as standard? Can someone confirm or deny this? I just need to know if the abp 30mm springs will lower my car only a further 15 mm as they were originally designed to lower the 02-54 by 30mm which I have heard is (as standard) 15mm higher than the 05 onwards... Hope this makes sense and that someone can shed some light on this for me, thanks.

05 is the same height as all prior OEM EP3s. The facelift was in 53/04, they are all the same height.

oh really? i wasnt aware. I could swear the were different hights? :/ ok then so for example if i bought 30mm springs it would lower an 02 plate and an 05 plate both by 30mm reguardless if its facelift or not... hmm thats handy to know, thanks!

Back