• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

how much?

Took my car in for its M.O.T yesterday and it faild...bad times :( it was the rear pads and disks and part of the front end meaning itl have to be realined...yet again! Thing is i know i can get pads and disks all round off ebay for £150 ish, they want £200 just for the rear :eek: robbing barstards.

read the back of the mot form sure you got like 3days to get it fixed and retested but a charge may be applied but sure its not full whack, my fiance's saxo failed an mot, got quite a bit of work done to it at a local garage and it went through mot fine and didnt get charged extra. just see what they say.

I think different garages have different policies, the one where I took my EP3 too recently would re-test for free as long as any work required was carried out at that garage.

I paid £35 for the MOT and it flew through which is always nice.

Most places do a free re=test within 2-3 days of it failing I think.

£35 how the hell though they were standard prices all over the place and am sure price meant to be like £54??

£35 how the hell though they were standard prices all over the place and am sure price meant to be like £54??

I also queried it, they just said all the other garages around the area were charging that so they had to do the same, I did not complain :smt047

I also queried it, they just said all the other garages around the area were charging that so they had to do the same, I did not complain :smt047

damm right i would of drove off as fast as i could with the test cert :D

i have a look about here think there down to £39.99 must be due to credit crunch :D

well the test was £50, didnt need new pads and disks they just cleaned them up and tightend the hand break, but it did need a new track rod end so total cost was a tad over £170.

I think the vehicle standards agency (or whatever it's called) set the price, but a garage can basically charge what they want to get you through the door.

If you need work doing they make money, despite charging less for the MOT.

Back