• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How the hell do you get the interior plastic side trims off to run cables down? :/

After an angerous rage at fitting my new head unit I thought it would be plain sailing but im now met with a second angerous rage at trying to get the side plastic trims off to hide the cables. First corner closest to the dash is easy however the bit that runs along the seat i can only get out 90%. Where it meets the rear quarter interior plastic wont budge and not to mention trying to remove the rear plastic bit by the rear seats! someone please help :( my car is an 05 ep3

I know that feel bro'

When i wired my amp in i ripped the skin off all my fingers trying to get some of the panels off.

I then just pulled them up just enough to get the cables in under them and did it that way (the hard way)

Lots of shouting :), thats how i did it in my festa. I find using something like a credit card like a skin knife helps :). Tell us how you get on as i want to do mine :)

think i just need more time and cigerettes then... tried to rush it after work, never been a problem in any of my previous cars easy in easy out :/ bleedy civic

Some of the clips are hard to pop out, they need brute force and youll probably break them in the process

Have you taken the seat belt anchor point out? The bar the seat belt connects to which has 2 bots in it goes through the plastic which would prevent you from getting it off

ah.... silly me.... it looked like where the side bit met the rear bit it splits in to two pieces. but maybe your right :/

What shaenei said. Don't bother with the plastic rear of that though as the corner has enough flex in it to pull up and tuck the cables under.

Don't loose the little bobbin that sits behind the seatbelt rail either, the first time I removed mine I unscrewed and pulled the rail off and the bobbin slid off the bolt and rolled under the passenger seat without me noticing. I then spent 30 minutes scratching my head trying to figure out how the rail fitted back on with such a massive gap behind the bolt.

Back