• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to Check EPS

my steering is very heavy when going slow and at a stand still when turning the lights go dim is this normal and how do you check the EPS thanks

No idea how to check the EPS I'm afraid but some dimming of the lights is normal. You'll probably also see it if you use the electric windows and momentarily when the AC kicks in if you have it.

It's just down to extra load on the system. When you are moving the steering is easier to turn so you only normally see the lights dim if you are stationary or moving very slowly like when you are maneuvering to park.

i felt the exact same, seems to be the norm, make sure your battery is in good condition and give it a good charge.

Headlights will dim if you have normal bulbs, same when a/c and windows being used, you'll only notice this when parking up.

Doesnt happen often for me but i have an earthing kit (dont know if this makes any difference), HID lights and car battery is in good condition, been through 3 winters and drove it a little, car starts everytime.

Back