• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to fit an lsd - any how 2's?

Ill be getting a jdm diff next week and unstead of it lying around until I had money to fit I was gonna give this a go with my mate.

I knew there was a sort of how to on ctro but the pictures have been removed so has anyone ever came across a decent how to guide?​

Ill be getting a jdm diff next week and unstead of it lying around until I had money to fit I was gonna give this a go with my mate.

I knew there was a sort of how to on ctro but the pictures have been removed so has anyone ever came across a decent how to guide?​

Do you know how to replace a clutch? if not then don't bother with this :D

Also you may as well get a new clutch kit and fit that when you are fitting a diff.

Not the LSD, but hopefully this will be of some help:

breakdown.gif

12-11.gif

12-12.gif

12-13.gif

12-14.gif

12-15.gif

Cheers Jermal,

Dotty - me personally no I don't but my mate is quite handy with cars and there is a polish mechanic who works with him who is gonna do most of the work so it should be ok. I was told I should replace the clutch but money is tight at the moment.

Nick - tesco do a nice socket set for £5 I have my eye on that

Terry, I think there is a section in the workshop manual about the diff. I will have a look when I can and see If I can post some pictures for you.

Cheers that would be great. I have found a sort of how to re fitting a kaaz lsd to a different model honda, but I think I need something thats going to show the correct torque settings etc.

The one on ctro was handy its a pity the pictures have been taken away

EDIT: - I see the diagrams above should cover that problem

Dotty - me personally no I don't but my mate is quite handy with cars and there is a polish mechanic who works with him who is gonna do most of the work so it should be ok. I was told I should replace the clutch but money is tight at the moment.

Fair enough, in that case I would really wait until you can afford to buy a clutch kit before the work is done, it makes so much sense to do so :idea:

Yeah you are right, I was just gonna replace with an oe clutch so I will wait until I buy one of them also

Ouch, I may have to look into uprated clutches then at that money.

My mate said it was more awkard pulling away etc and he stalled it a few times at first - thats what puts me off.

There was a second hand oe clutch with 5k on it that went for £60 on ctro too I should maybe have got that

Ouch, I may have to look into uprated clutches then at that money.

My mate said it was more awkard pulling away etc and he stalled it a few times at first - thats what puts me off.

There was a second hand oe clutch with 5k on it that went for £60 on ctro too I should maybe have got that

Noooo, worth buying new, never buy a second hand clutch!

Standard clutch is good enough.

Good man, you would be mad not to tbh.

Clutch kits from honda are around £250 VAT included IIRC

You can get an exeddy uprated clutch for about the same price. Don't know how good they are, but it's worth thinking about. These come with the fitting tool also. don't know if the OEM one will?

lol! never heard of second hand clutches for sale before.

Although I did see a man in a garage ask for used engine oil when they serviced his car. He didn't want to pay for new oil.

Also, was thinking of doing the clutch on my civic myself recently. Couldn't source the parts and tools for less than TGM could do it.
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=59248

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get an exeddy uprated clutch for about the same price. Don't know how good they are, but it's worth thinking about. These come with the fitting tool also. don't know if the OEM one will?

Thats the one I knew was around that price.

Ill need to look into if its for me

Back