• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to get the sat nav out

zed

I wanna take my sat nav out as its having problems reding the sat nav disk, disk looks perfect

ive read on the net the lens need cleaning
so where do i start from removing my sat nav peeps

owner3-1.jpg

Dude, I have the same Sat Nav.

Mine has just started playing up again too.

It doesnt seem to like the cold weather for some reason.

I took mine back to Honda while it was still under waranty, to get a new disc, but they just put on of those lens cleaner discs in and it was fine again.

They are like about a £1 from Play or somehere like that.

On a seperate note, your Parrot, how did they link it to your stereo?

Im in desperate need of getting my iPhone hooked up, but as you probably know, the OEM SN is lame for connecting stuff too. But I may get that new parrott thats all singing and dancing.

I took mine back to Honda while it was still under waranty, to get a new disc, but they just put on of those lens cleaner discs in and it was fine again.

Im in desperate need of getting my iPhone hooked up, but as you probably know, the OEM SN is lame for connecting stuff too. But I may get that new parrott thats all singing and dancing.

Thumbs up here for the parrot :cool:

ive been reading on the net on these sat navs and after time they start to play up if the disk clean procedure dont work then likey the lens need cleaning with a cotton bud very gently,

The parrot handset was already installed when i bought the car,

when you say about the iphone conection i have a iphone cable which conects staright to the sat nav system and it works great,well i presum all ctr comes standard with these

when you say about the iphone conection i have a iphone cable which conects staright to the sat nav system and it works great,well i presum all ctr comes standard with these

WTF :eek: !!

Mate, please tell me me everything you know about this, as this is a major need in my life.

I have been to numerous ICE places, Honda and offererd to pay 100's of monies in gold bullion, but yet no one can help :( .

Nope.

WTF :eek: !!

Mate, please tell me me everything you know about this, as this is a major need in my life.

I have been to numerous ICE places, Honda and offererd to pay 100's of monies in gold bullion, but yet no one can help :( .

Does it have a CD changer socket? If so just get a Dension ICE-Link.

Does it have a CD changer socket? If so just get a Dension ICE-Link.

Yeah it does AFAIK. Is that a direct audio in then?

I have spoken to Dension, and they said they can fit a cable, but I will lose the sound of the sat nav, ie the lady that directs you :freak:.

Yeah it does AFAIK. Is that a direct audio in then?

I have spoken to Dension, and they said they can fit a cable, but I will lose the sound of the sat nav, ie the lady that directs you :freak:.

IT should just connect to the CD changer socket and the sat nav will think it's a CD changer, allowing you to change tracks and charge the ipod.... or just get a new head unit and a TomTom which will be better anyway.

.... or just get a new head unit and a TomTom which will be better anyway.

Not an option, I dont want silly little screens that stick to things all over the place and also the OEM sat nav is pretty good, seems a waste to change it.

Plus at the moment I dont have the money to fund something like that.

Back