• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to on back box fitting?

any body have a step guide on removing a back box and replacing it with another? also is there a gasket that fits between the b-pipe and back box?

Thanks

It's as simple as undoing two bolts and yanking the old back box off the hangars and putting a new one on, and yes there is a gasket :)

It takes more time, effort and thought to change the OEM air filter mate :lol:.

Ok cool, any ideas as to where i can get the gasket for the spoon n1 back box to connect to the spoon b-pipe?

If you are getting a new Spoon B-pipe I'm pretty sure it comes with the donut gasket. I bought my B-pipe second hand and luckily it came with it.

One major thing on the Spoon B pipe though is that although it will fit an EP3 the Spoon B pipe is actually a DC5 part. It is therefore different at the end where it meets the cat.

My local back street garage fit it for me but it took them an hour to grind the bolt holes to the right shape because they don't line up. They were being careful not to take too much off and weaken the end. Cost £35 for cash but was worth every penny because I would not have been able to do it myself!!

Back box on the other hand, like Al said, is two bolts. 20 minute job if you struggle getting it off the hangers. My best bit of advice on fitting the back box though is to put some washing up liquid on the rubber hangers and the box will come off them easier. ;)

Back