• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to remove front lower mount for inserts?

Hi all.

Bought some energy suspension inserts for my ep3.
Fitted the rear lower ones into the mount perfectly fine.

Went to fit the front Lower ones.
Cant get the mount off. Can unbolt it all so it's free. But just cant it out due to the radiator fan/aircon fan impeeding it.

Any ideas how to get it out?

Cheers

thats prob why vibra technics only do the two sides and the rear, I have also heard somewhere that you are only supposed to do three of the four. I am no mechanic - just wot I have heard! Steve.

the front one is a nightmare! i managed to get mine out by using a big lever lol. think i had both the side mounts off and rear loose and lifted the engine enough to squeeze the front one out as mine was split so fitted the mugen set. Not sure of the correct way to do it, probably lower the subframe or something daft like that

yeah it was a nitemare! me and my mate tried for about 45mins to get it out but ended up giving up!

3 of the 4 mounts are uprated now so gonna just leave the front one, dont think it would make that much different anyway. :)

I had to lower the subframe to fit my new front mount.

mark where the studs that hold the subframe with a marker or scribe around the heads with a screwdriver so it can be put back exactly where it was.

Support the sump with a piece of wood and a jack then slacken the rear two studs on the subframe, about 2-3 turns will do. completly remove the front 2 studs and the subframe will drop down so the mount can be removed.

Back