• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HOW TO RESET ABS LIGHT

Sorry if this has already been covered on the forum before.

I had an ABS light come on after mechanic changed my passenger shocks (must of damaged sensor wiring).

I have replaced the ABS Sensor, how do you reset ABS light without taking it to the stealers?

You'll need a ln obd scan tool which also has the abs feature. I use a foxwell tool from eBay or Amazon for around £120. Where abouts are you? I'm sure a few members from here must have them. If you're in Wiltshire you're welcome to borrow mine.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Hi Norv,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate you offering to borrow your OBD scanner, unfortunately I'm based in Dudley in the west midlands.

I was hoping the ABS light would just turn itself off :(

Mine went out after fitting a new sensor without using the OBD tool, not straight away but after a mile or so of driving it went out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

To reset the ECU (which should reset the ABS light and a few other aspects including fuel trim) from the EP3 service manual (pg. 211) - "Turn the ignition switch OFF, and remove the No. 6 ECU (ECM) (15A) fuse (A [in the manual's diagram]) from the under-hood fuse/relay box for 10 seconds."

If this isn't an EP then the instructions may differ slightly :)

To reset the ECU (which should reset the ABS light and a few other aspects including fuel trim) from the EP3 service manual (pg. 211) - "Turn the ignition switch OFF, and remove the No. 6 ECU (ECM) (15A) fuse (A [in the manual's diagram]) from the under-hood fuse/relay box for 10 seconds."

If this isn't an EP then the instructions may differ slightly :)
That works for the EP3 Mike

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I was wrong, apologies. If it's like earlier Hondas then the ABS (like the SRS) light has its status retained through ECU resets and has to be reset separately. It's a bit of a convoluted solution though because you have to find the diag connector, bridge it with a paperclip or jumper or whatever, then go through a series of steps involving key on/off and brake pedal pushes during certain light sequences :/ It might be in the service manual - https://www.manualslib.com/download/804994/Honda-Ep3.html

Back