• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to stop your knob from keep getting scratched...!!!

C

Carly

I keep scratching my gearknob in the car, its becoming a bit of a biatch now everytime i drive with a ring on!!! Anyway to stop this? or should i just drive with no rings on???? :? :D

Captain Redbeard said:
Jap_Girl said:
I keep scratching my gearknob in the car, its becoming a bit of a biatch now everytime i drive with a ring on!!! Anyway to stop this? or should i just drive with no rings on???? :? :D
Drive with no rings on. :)

Yeah did think that would be the way.....:(

Anyway to get the scratches out???? :roll:

Put a cover over it like a hat or something.......

a Beanie

LIFE-BEANIE.jpg

thats what i do and it stop your hand getting cold in the winter......

Any sort of abrasive polish (like Silvero) would probably sort out surface scratches.

But other than sticking a cover on the gearknob, or removing your rings, I really can't think of anything else? I mean, what else is there? :? :lol:

craigiusmaximus said:

a Beanie

LIFE-BEANIE.jpg

Thats for your head isn't it???? LOL!!!!

It's just a biatch how easily the gearknob gets scratched :twisted:

Red said:
Any sort of abrasive polish (like Silvero) would probably sort out surface scratches.

Polish will remove the clearcoat off the knob. :wink:

Jap_Girl said:
craigiusmaximus said:

a Beanie

LIFE-BEANIE.jpg

Thats for your head isn't it???? LOL!!!!

It's just a biatch how easily the gearknob gets scratched :twisted:

yeah it is but its ok for the gearnob too....... :wink:

Neily03 said:
Red said:

Polish will remove the clearcoat off the knob. :wink:

Scratch that then :lol:

But would that necessarily be a bad thing? I mean the clearcoat obviously doesn't prevent scratching or anything?

My knob is unscratched - never worn a ring on the left hand and never let anyone drive it with a ring on!!! :lol: :lol:

Fit a babies sock over the knob. It has to be red of course :wink:

Thus, in the winter you won't get a cold knob :wink: and you ring won't mark the knob :wink:

Bazzer said:

Thus, in the winter you won't get a cold knob :wink: and you ring won't mark the knob :wink:

GOOD IDEA :) nah that really is!!!! :D

Nob scratch can be a serious complaint. If anyone is experiencing this then consult your GP.

I have put a newer S2000 knob on my MY00 S2000, it has the leather around the bottom. Looks good and can be had for £10 down your local scrappies.

Bazzer said:

Must admit mine had a little sock on it last winter to keep the hand a bit warmer :wink:
It has a few scratches on but i'm not bothered enough to do anything about it

Back