• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hunting on idle?! Ep3 ctr

My car has started hunting
It will go from 1000 rpm to 2000 rpm in perfect rhythm, I've heard about
**** stickin in the icv and the alleged cure was a simple blast to the limiter in 3rd
and 4th but to no avail? Any on else had the same problem?

Definitely clean the ICV, had the exact same problem on mine, took it to bits and went mad with some carb cleaner and cotton buds then went for a 30 minute blast...haven't had a problem since :)

Firstly clean the ICV as suggested! If that doesn't work then it could be the lambda sensor although you didn't mention the engine management light being on.. I had a similar problem regarding 'hunting' and jerky driving on my dc5 and it was the primary 02 sensor. Got a new one from Tegiwaimports and sorted the problem! Good luck bud

Thanks guys for your input! I got busy today took off the throttle body and sensors
And air box and lashed a **** tonne of carb cleaner, once it dried out and back together
i started her up and once it settled it sat bang on 1000rpm instead of 2 took it for a proper blast obeying
All laws and speed limits ;p and still 1000rpm no hunting!

Back