• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HyTech Cams Released

Well after many years we have finally gotten around to offering cams for all the K series engines.

We have 6 different exhaust cams and 7 different intake cams. Now why would we need to have so many different grinds. The simple answer is there are so many different engine combinations that one or two or even three different profiles are not enough to cover the vast array of bore, strokes and induction systems.

So we took the time to work on the profiles for as many combinations as we think we needed. We have covered the range from stock compression and induction and non ported head to big bore long stroke and ITB's. From our experience over the years working with some of the spec racing series. The cam selection became very precise and we could put the rpm band where we wanted it. We weren't concerned with the top end power but the area where the power needed to be. Sure we have cams that will make big power on the top end but at small sacrifice to the and mid range.

Our goal has been to offer a wide selection of cams to cover most of the popular combinations. I'm sure most will want to know how they compare to cams already out in the market. The only answer is, I don't know. We have been working on these cams for many years to get the important stuff like,
valve acceleration, velocity and jerk. These are the three most important things we look at in cam design. The lift and duration are secondary. If the acceleration, jerk or velocity get out of hand the the valve train will eventually fail or cause excessive wear. We have been running these cam profiles for a log time to make sure we had the best design possible with out causing undo harm to the engine.

The cost of a set of cams, springs, retainers is 1,299.00. You just tell us the combination you are running or want to achieve and we can recommend the proper profiles for you. We also have our spec I kit available for sale next month. It consists of cams, springs, Ti retainers, new intake manifold, and header with either a flash or K pro program. On the engine dyno it has produced a 50 horsepower flywheel gain. We will have some chassis dyno numbers next month as well. This kit will be 3,199.00.

Spec II and III are also available which add cylinder head porting, rods, pistons and a variety of induction choices. These are custom built engines and prices are quoted for each application. The motor sizes range from 2 liter to 2.5 liter with good with specific rod ratio's depending on the application.
Most of the parts are built in house the exception are the rods, piston blanks (we do the final machining) the cams and crank stroking (we do the profiling).

Over the next few months we will be releasing engine data and specific combinations that we have been working on. We are also getting ready to do the rod ratio test that Wiseco, Carrillo and HyTech will be involved in. This article will show the latest Wiseco piston design that can handle high cylinder wall loading that short rods cause and its effect on torque and power. It should be interesting results.

We can be contacted at [email protected] or (949) 581-2181

Here are two dyno plots.

The firts graph is our Spec I kit compared to a Hondata tuned engine. The Spec I kit is cams, springs, ti retainers, header and new intake manifold.

The second graph is our Spec II kit compared to our Spec I kit. We added Carrillo Rods, Pistons, and a ported head and 70mm Throttle body.

The third graph is a Grand Am TSX that we did. The TSX motor is stock except for blueprinting the clearances, a good valve job, cams, header, and some oiling mods. And we have to run the Accord throttle body which is only 60mm.

These are 86mm X 86mm 2 liter motors, run on 91 octane pump gas.

These dyno graphs are from the DTS engine dyno, not the chassis dyno. We will have comparison's to the chassis dyno in a few more weeks for the Spec I kit and the TSX.

Andy

Interesting info, cheers Andy 8)

Surprised you haven't posted it on the DC5 forum, would have thought there'd be some interest there?

Evs said:
Interesting info, cheers Andy 8)

Surprised you haven't posted it on the DC5 forum, would have thought there'd be some interest there?

oh yea.... i completely for got abouty that. :shock: :lol:

Andy

Back