• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

Problem is for me, and I don't want to offend anyone on here but I really just like the twin exhaust look, I don't like how seemingly all the exhausts are just one big one. After googling though I'm guessing the OEM one is twin it's just super expensive? One of the mechs at TGM was explaining what you can do to the car and how you can change it......definitely thinking about selling my old car and instead of putting it back into the savings just tweaking a few things.....it's bad I should definitely wait and get used to it but today was the first day I'd taken it out on a motorway or A road and it's just so awesome. Such epic engineering. I want a bit more noise, the mechanic suggested "AEM intake, Re map, Header exhaust. Will google it all at some point problem is i'm clueless haha. This thread has become so insightful for anyone looking to buy an ep3. What a community, you're all legends.

No one is going to be offended, horses for courses. Who wants a forum with the same cars with same setup!!

Yes mate that's pretty much it. Cheapest way to do it, popular consensus is that the OEM backbox is actually pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I will stay OEM until I up power in a year or so, then I'll pay for the Fujitsubo Legalis R so I can keep twin aesthetics. Just checked can get it for 800. But yeah OEM should be more than enough for a year. Does changing the B pipe affect performance at all? Probably gonna order one today haha.

Definitely hear you with the placebo effect, what I'm more getting at is, is changing the midpipe something I need to declare to my insurance?

Technically yes, all mods need to be declared.

Whether or not an insurance inspector would go to the lengths of jacking the car up and then be able to know the difference between a aftermarket or OEM B-pipe is another question...

Yes any modification should be declared, although I think I was guilty with my first ep3 and not declaring the b-pipe change.
But id give them a quick call and see how the premium changes before you buy one.
You might find they don't want anything.

Who are you with currently?

1st central. I'll have to call them, gonna order the pipe on my lunch. Itching for a bit more noise. I like your answer though Hazz ;) haha.

Drop a cold air intake, night and day difference in sound when hitting the vtec range... I'm not a fan of 'exhaust noise' but that vtec cross over is what makes the cars imo

+ I second all of the opinions re keeping OEM exhaust, don't like the single pipe exhausts and as for th dolphin shaped pipes...horrid!

should see the HKS dustbin power I have now, ruins the back end.
But unless anyone wants a swap, it will have to stay until next year.

The gruppe M sounds great but I have always had open cones previously and they sounded brilliant.
The top fuel carbon intake I had sounded like no other open cone filter I have heard.

So maybe go for a long arm cold intake (cheap, sound good & will give good gains)

It's a shame there aren't many stainless options that keep the OEM look. Obviously there's the Legalis R but doesn't come cheap.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

+1 AEM/Injen CAI makes a great noise. Better noise than a guppe M IMO. Deeper growl to it and less of a metallic twang. Strange hiss when you turn it off though :lol:

Induction kit wise all you need to know is this: Don't buy an open cone that sits above the exhaust manifold (AEM v2, K&N Typhoon etc etc). It'll make the nice noise but you'll lose a little power. Spend the small amount extra and get the cold air intake (sits in wheel arch or ram scoop above bonnet).

Back