• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

I can't take it any more!!

Suits

First to flounce
Right I have the Honda MK2 sat nav in my CTR, its alright I dont use it all the time but it looks trick and has helped my out loads of times and im never worried about getting lost.

However!!! It only plays normal CD's no mp3's or data disc's or anything like that just 80min CD's (Albums)

This is getting right on my nerves.

I have spoken to Honda and they said they can fit the cable that will allow me to play my iPod through my stereo, but it will cost me like £250. I bit the bullet and agreed, then Honda change their mind and say it acnt be done!!!!!!

I have tired various iTrip's but living near London its hard to find a frequency that isnt filled by a rude Boi brappin pirate sh1t all the time. They dont work.

I really dont want to loose my sat nav but its getting on my nerves.

Does anyone know anyway to get my iPod conected to my stereo, this must have been done!!

Does it have a CD changer socket in the rear? If so you can use that to connect you ipod.

Does it have a CD changer socket in the rear? If so you can use that to connect you ipod.

Well thats what I thought, but Honda didnt mention that as a option, im not as good with wire cutters and electric stuff as I am with a spanner and the such so im a little hesitant at taking a look as i dont know quite what im doing.

There is also a Aux switch on the front, so I thought I could use that. I have been to a few ICE shops and asked them to take a look but they say say sorry mate cant help!!

Can you take it out and get a pic of the back so we can see what connections are available?

Can you take it out and get a pic of the back so we can see what connections are available?

Yeah I think thats the best thing I can do, ill give it a go in the next few day sand post it up.

Bloody thing.:mad:

Now i know this is not a very clear image but we sell no end of these in the shop for various cars.

http://www.connects2.com/c2prodpic.aspx?pid=images/prodimages/prodview/CTAHOIPOD001.jpg

This is the one listed for Honda civic etc, not sure if they plug will be the same on the sat nav unit as on the normal cd player etc but i would expect they use the same add on changers so cant see it being different.
I know they not cheap at near £90 - £100 for the majority of them, but if it works its a bonus.

Let me know model numbers off stereo if you want and i'll check with suppliers see if it will work or you ;)

Now i know this is not a very clear image but we sell no end of these in the shop for various cars.

http://www.connects2.com/c2prodpic.aspx?pid=images/prodimages/prodview/CTAHOIPOD001.jpg

This is the one listed for Honda civic etc, not sure if they plug will be the same on the sat nav unit as on the normal cd player etc but i would expect they use the same add on changers so cant see it being different.
I know they not cheap at near £90 - £100 for the majority of them, but if it works its a bonus.

Let me know model numbers off stereo if you want and i'll check with suppliers see if it will work or you ;)

Mate, if this works it would be amazing, it does look and is priced about the same as one a shop was looking at for me, but in the they said it wouldnt work for one reason or another.

It dont have to charge, or even be able to change the track on the stereo, I just want to be able to play my dam iPod.

I'll have look and get back with somne pics and the model number of the stereo.

Cheers:)

Mate, if this works it would be amazing, it does look and is priced about the same as one a shop was looking at for me, but in the they said it wouldnt work for one reason or another.

It dont have to charge, or even be able to change the track on the stereo, I just want to be able to play my dam iPod.

I'll have look and get back with somne pics and the model number of the stereo.

Cheers:)

Not sure if i know anyone with that unit that i can get one in and try for you, as i say tho let me know the part numbers and i'll see what i can do for you ;)

Also look at the Dension Ice Link. :wink:

I just called these guys, the guy on the end of the phone was a little annoying thought, just kept on saying 'easy' 'easy' pick what you want form the website and get someone to install it 'easy'.

His lax approach is a little worrying as Honda says its a no go.

Still I will push on with his its 'easy' approach and hope my instincts are wrong, although I have been down this road already with Honda and two local car audio places. With modern day skills its bound to be possible somehow without spending top dollar.

:rolleyes: :)

Some people are like that :rolleyes: annoys the hell out of me as a customer thats why i always try to help folk the best i can :lol:

Just spoken to connects 2 and they say it doesnt work on the sat nav unit :( they've tried one or two apparently.

Dont suppose the unit has an AUX in jack plug (red an white) connection on it does it?

If it has that your ont a winner cos i have a spare one sat at home :lol:

Just spoken to connects 2 and they say it doesnt work on the sat nav unit :( they've tried one or two apparently.

Dont suppose the unit has an AUX in jack plug (red an white) connection on it does it?

If it has that your ont a winner cos i have a spare one sat at home :lol:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That sounds about right, im going to take out the unit and take a look, it does have a aux button and can take a CD changer, so im hopeing something can be done.

See i just spoke to someone else about the connects2 box and he says he's pretty sure that on the EP3's that box will work on the sat nav models.

Had a look if i had one i could send you out to try but not got one :(

Do we know anyone who may have one to try ??

One place I was talking too said that they can do it, but they would patch through the audio on the sat nav, so they would unplug my lovly lady that guides me around and put the iPod through that.

I dont really want to loose any of the sat nav features if I can, ill take the unit out and take a look to see if there are any audio jacks in the back.

:)

Back