• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

i have a knocking !

hi
i have a knocking from behind the bulkhead when i go over the slighteset bump i have had the wheel bearings cv joints and track rod ends checked and its none of this ,could it be something to do with the steering ?
i have a honda civic type r 51 plate
thank you
sy:confused::confused::confused:

Welcome to TRO, have you checked the top mounts?

I'm sure a mod will move this to the right section soon

Top mounts tend to knock on turning and not just on bumps, I had the same problem recently. I changed the droplinks, didn't help. Split front engine mount changed, helped slightly. Control arms changed - fixed.

Not to say it isn't your top mounts... easy to check though, stick a spanner on the 3 nuts on each tower... if they arn't tight then it's them causing the knock... and if they arn't tight they're likely damaged too.

hiya moderator lol .. sorry about the bold type but if you look i am new on here and i didnt no what i was doing but now im sorted and thank you all for your responses....it is now being checked out

hiya its not the top mounts all nuts tight it seems to be coming from the bars that go from left to right that meet in the middle near the steering arm..there is like some cv sort of boots that meet in the middle its that thats knocking ..is it a easy job to do and what would it cost at the gargare to be fixed ????

Good, I didn't think it would be. You can tell when tops go as they will knock if you quickly change direction.

My money is on drop links or lower control arms/bushes. I think drop links were about £120 fitted and control arms were about £250 fitted IIRC. If you can change the bushes out on them that'd be a lot cheaper but I'm not sure if you can or not... I just bought new ones. Both jobs are not hard if you have a lift, awkward & uncomfortable without.

Back