• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

I need help. FN2 Type R

Hi gents and gals,

I recently acquired my type R (jan) and the auto function on the headlights only turned on the DRL's. Coming from a car that had auto lights, this was driving me nuts as i kept forgetting to turn on my lights. So i ordered me a new sensor, fitted it, and i'm still only getting DRL's. Is that how its supposed to work!? how do your lights work on the FN2 Type R when in auto?

Cheers

FN2 doesn't have DRL, so it sounds like someone has bodged the job of fitting them if the auto lights aren't working.

Off to the auto-electricians will you...

hi loxy,

Sorry i meant side lights. what i mean is, i put my auto lights on, side lights come on. When i turn the car off, side lights go off. Im not getting my dipped beams (automatically) after dusk. Should i be?

Yes you should. One more turn and you get dipped headlights that don't turn off with the ignition?

Yeah. The last selection on the stick is full time dipped and that works. The selection before that is 'Auto' and all i get is sidelights day or night :/ ive tried changing the sensor but they still seem to be the same..... i have only fitted this sensor today and covered it up to see if the auto is working though... ill definitely have to take it in to an electrician then if they don't come on tonight :/....

Sidelights shouldn't come on at all during the day. I've had three 8th gen Civics now and the sidelights have never come on independently with auto, it's dipped headlights or nothing.

oh great so something is definitely up then :/ and they didnt come on last night either so it isnt the sensor. Wonder what the F is going on!?

Back