• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

I need new brakes! :/

CJN

I need some OEM discs and pads for an (Civic EK EJ9) and would like to know best place/price to get them?

Cheers. :D

Take a look on ebay but seriouly pop into a local car parts store and buy some generic brand brakes.
Brands like Blueprint, Mintex do the job and exceed OEM standards.
Also look at Halfords brand.

Trung said:
Take a look on ebay but seriouly pop into a local car parts store and buy some generic brand brakes.
Brands like Blueprint, Mintex do the job and exceed OEM standards.
Also look at Halfords brand.

Trung would I be right in saying that the disc and pad change is a simple enough job?

Well you shouldnt have any trouble get it off the ground with a few bricks and removing the wheels :lol:

Black R said:
Well you shouldnt have any trouble get it off the ground with a few bricks and removing the wheels :lol:

I have axle stands - posh robber!!! :lol:

If you can help it, avoid changing the discs and pads at the same time...You'll be able to bed them both in properly then.

Chances are though, with raod cars, if one's fooked so is the other!

thejudderman said:
If you can help it, avoid changing the discs and pads at the same time...You'll be able to bed them both in properly then.

NOT a good idea, you cant change disks without changing pads. the pads shape themselves to the disk.

Change the lot and go easy on the brakes for the first couple of hundred miles

Black R said:
thejudderman said:

NOT a good idea, you cant change disks without changing pads. the pads shape themselves to the disk.

Change the lot and go easy on the brakes for the first couple of hundred miles

That's true to an extent, but they both have different ideal bedding in requirements.

The ideal, I've been told, is to change the discs and do 20+ run downs using light braking from 50-60mph down to 20-30mph, on your old (but crucially, still okay) pads. Allowing the disc to cool between. Then change the pads and run it in for 200 or so miles on light braking. After that, gradually increase the braking pressure over the next couple of hundred miles... Bob's your uncle!

By bedding in the discs first, you won't 'fit' the disc to the old pad, but get it ready for the new pads bedding in cycle.

In any case, if your just throwing on some Halfraud specials for £50 all in.... Is there any point?! :lol:

LOL
we are talking about a 1.4 Honda civic here not a BTCC Teg :lol:

Carl, Nip down you local parts supplier mate and grab some from there

Black R said:
LOL
we are talking about a 1.4 Honda civic here not a BTCC Teg :lol:

Carl, Nip down you local parts supplier mate and grab some from there

I will call in at Partco during the week. :lol:

Back