• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 I want a DC5 now!

o.k so i sold my wheels to a guy named Adam with a CW DC5.
The wheels looked awesome on it btw, really suited it.

So i tell him i am thinking of a DC5 next, so he offers me a test drive.
I really wish he didn't, i really want one next. The ride was really nice and not bumpy at all, i was thinking FD2 harshness but it wasn't much harder than my ep3.
Steering feedback and weight just makes my ep3 feel:(
Even the seats made my premier seats just seem poor in comparison, they really hold you in well.

I'm not sure why i didn't just go out and buy one instead of the premier anyway, i think i made a rushed decision.:confused:

So i'm pretty sure i am heading that way next.:D

Think carefully Julian..

Look at the prices of them at the moment, this time next year they will deffo be in the £8k territory, I sold mine (51 plate with 57k) for £10500 4 months ago. All of a sudden they have really dropped in value. This is down to soo many of them coming in to the country nowadays they are not as exclusive as they once were. They are popping up for sale on the DC5 forum everyday.

They are a better car than the EP3 in some respects but if i was you I would hold on to that Mcpremier of yours a little longer.. getting hold of parts can prove a handful at times.. For instance if you need a new rear screen, you are looking at an 8 week wait.

I will have another for sure, but in reality there is not much difference between them and an EP3.

Yeah the prices are tumbling fast!:eek:

Don't get me wrong i love the ep3, great little car and i'm more than happy with it.

I was always thinking about a DC5 next and that test drive has made my mind up but i need to buy at the right price as you say.

It all depends on what i get for my premier, if i can sell it at all as they don't seem to be going very well at the moment.:(

Thanks for your reply Stu, will take on board your comments:)

:(

It's deffo what I'm aiming @ next. maybe just over a year to wait. I rushed into the EP3 before checking the forums.

Well after having a DC5 for a week if FWD is your bag then go for it..............
Otherwise FWD FTL :(

Have you done a swap for a week with Chris then?

I take it you were both thinking of swapping cars.
The s2k are nice cars but just not practical enough for me, i need a certain amount of loading space and 4 seats ideally, DC5 is a good compromise.

Would be great as a weekend car though.:cool:

Yes I had, I wasn't considering buying one though, Chris just wanted the S2000 for the week.

To be honest I much preferred my Jenvey ITB'd DC2 and would probably go so far as to say I preferred the standard DC2.
I just found the LSD on the DC5 too harsh, wheelspinning all the way.
I think it was down to the coilovers but I didn't particularly like the ride either.

On a plus point, it does have more space than the DC2 in the back if you know what I mean ;)

Have you done a swap for a week with Chris then?

I take it you were both thinking of swapping cars.
The s2k are nice cars but just not practical enough for me, i need a certain amount of loading space and 4 seats ideally, DC5 is a good compromise.

Would be great as a weekend car though.:cool:

I have decided I need one too mate - gonna be a major pain shifting the EP3 but worth it I think :twisted:

In a years time our cars will prob depreciate just as much if not more so fcuk it im getting one

nice one mate.

Yeah if you are a cash buyer you are onto a winner. If you've got to shift a car first its not going to be as easy:(

All cars depreciate in value,honda's less so, i love my DC5 i'ts a fantastic everyday usable sports car(which is the reason i bought it in the first place),i think people are getting overly concerned about parts and the new car tax system which is coming into place next year,this goverment know that if they do not make any changes to it they will be out of power after the next election,so who knows.

This is down to soo many of them coming in to the country nowadays they are not as exclusive as they once were. They are popping up for sale on the DC5 forum everyday.

That's got fark all to do with it. All performance car prices are dropping like stones.

That's got fark all to do with it. All performance car prices are dropping like stones.

:lol:

Are you kidding :?

Take a look at the sales figures and ask yourself how many tegs were in the country when you got yours and now look at how many have come in since then.. before a DC5 for sale was a rarity, now there is at least one popping up every day, be it from a trader or a private sale. You are literally spoilt for choice.

Not all performance cars are dropping like stones.

:lol:

Are you kidding :?

Take a look at the sales figures and ask yourself how many tegs were in the country when you got yours and now look at how many have come in since then.. before a DC5 for sale was a rarity, now there is at least one popping up every day, be it from a trader or a private sale. You are literally spoilt for choice.

Not all performance cars are dropping like stones.
isn't it relative though?

I can appreciate that the Teg's will be going for less next year, but you will also get less for your EP3 next year. Probably more so as they still are far more common than the DC5.

Back