• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

i want to buy a ep3 type r

Hi.

Firstly i want to buy a ep3 type r, but i have budget of 2500-3000 quid.

Am i just going to get a dog for this??? Are high mileage engines fine if been maintained ok?

Ive come over from uksaabs club. I currently have a 9-5 aero, that is starting to get worse and worse

Would the ATR get me a better car for my budget??

Also whats the standard sound system like i the civic? Is it upgraded from standard civics

Never had a type r.... or v-tec infact.

Cheers
Kev

They can be had for around that but it will be a high mileage PF. People will say its fine as long as it maintained but if it's had 120,000 hard worked miles, IMO this isn't the case.

id say you should try and increase your budget a bit.
You will likely find a pre-facelift for that but anything newer may well be a cat D or have high milage and maybe a lack of history. you can still buy facelift models for around 8k.

Within that budget mate I would definitely steer more towards an accord type r they too are great cars and unlike uk ep3's have a LSD as standard.

hey.

thanks for the replys.
i really only have £3000 max.

i was hoping to get an ep3 for that :(

i do like the accord type r's do they have more toys than the ep3?

also ive seen integra type r's for under £3000

I think you could get one, yes. high milliage, but alot of type r owners take pride in their car, so I think you will find one for that price. Just make sure you have someone with you that knows what they're looking for.

Also, make sure you get it all serviced etc when you get it. Especially check the oil as some can use alot of it and some people sometimes dont check them as much as they should.

I suppose if the car has been owned by the seller for many years then chances are its been looked after. Buying from a forum would be good as you can look back over their posts to see what kind of owner they are.

Not all Type-R owners are enthusiasts these days though. It's still a lot of car for the money so they do attract an unwanted crowd.

Good luck, just don't rush into it.

hey.

thanks for the replys.
i really only have £3000 max.

i was hoping to get an ep3 for that :(

i do like the accord type r's do they have more toys than the ep3?

also ive seen integra type r's for under £3000

I wouldn't touch a teg at that price mate rusty arches smoky engine and corroded bushes

Back