• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

I want to change the brakes on my ep3?

Ljw

Hello, ive got a ep3. The brakes on the car are okay but not as responsive as i would like. The offside front needs new disks and pads. But rather then replacing them id like to upgrade.

ive looked at big brakes and calipar kits, but they come in at over a grand.

is there anything you can Do cheaper.with the existing calipars, and just change the disks and pads for something abit more sharper. If so whats the best brands and type to go for?

thanks, Lewis

OEM discs with Project MU or Ferodo DS2500 pads are a nice step up from standard. Braided lines and a good brake fluid like Motul RBF600 would be a good upgrade.

Yes, common upgrade.

Braided lines
DS2500 pads on the front (OEM fine on rear, don't waste your money)
OEM or Brembo grooved discs (avoid drilled IMO - again OEM fine on rear)
Optional brake servo stopper (I never did this)
5dot fluid

Is there any other makes of disks? That are good apart from brembo? Thered drilled, groved or both im confused on whats best. What do you reakon the cost would be to do the brake lines and the disks/pads

HEL lines are about £70 for a full set if I remember correctly.

I'm not up on disc manufacturers really, just avoid MTEC. I had grooved only Brembos on my EP3, got them on Ebay. They were only £20 or so more than the OEM discs.

Pads and lines are the most important. Discs and fluid will have less of an impact.

Nothing wrong with MTEC, I've run MTEC discs with Carbone Lorraine pads for 12k miles and two trackdays and their still going strong.

Really depends how much you want to spend and your driving style.
Braided lines
OEM blanks, pagid's, MTEC, RPB, Stoptech (just don't go for drilled discs)
OEM, DS2500, Project Mu, Stoptech, Cosworth, Carbone Lorraine, Performance Friction. Again comes down to budget and how you drive, some pads give off more dust than others, some provide better bite than others, some are more resistant to fading etc.

Yes, common upgrade.

Braided lines
DS2500 pads on the front (OEM fine on rear, don't waste your money)
OEM or Brembo grooved discs (avoid drilled IMO - again OEM fine on rear)
Optional brake servo stopper (I never did this)
5dot fluid
I pretty much have done as above, perfect for some fast road and odd track day use! :)

Standard disks
Stoptech or ferado pads
Braided lines
5dot fluid

I've ran this set up on days out and 10+ trqckdays ! Nothing wrong at all with it and have been really impressed throughout !

Back