• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ideal brake set up for ep3 type r

Hi all

My brakes need replacing and was wondering what the common set up is that is best suited for the car, I have been looking at brembo grooved discs and ferodo pads, Or would standard discs and uprated pads be just as effective?

Cheers

If you are running a standard or minor modded EP3 then you will find that many people are more than happy with OEM disks and a set of aftermarket pads.

Ferodo DS 2500's seem to be a well proven purchase.

I've read before that this is a common set up for most people. I will most likely go for this option

cheers

Some braided lines and some decent fluid like Motil RBF600 will also improve the feel and performance of your brakes. ;)

i was thinking of doing the same.... wanna get something that looks well below my new 5spokes though!! ....any idea with upgrades???

Last edited by a moderator:
no mate meant discs!!! ive seen the all round set on ebay for £155!! (tempting) but by the sounds of it/reviews should go for the oem! just wondering were i get cheap oem's and do they do a drilled and grooved disc, as they luk beta!! :) ......just whil were on the subject anybody got any opinions on mintex pads and discs??? im running a bit short of cash so can no longer afford a decent set!!!! ....wot u tink sickly????

oem...
mintex....
ebay....
:s
???

Last edited by a moderator:
General consensus is to get as cheap blanks as you can, with good pads lines and fluid.

umm... alright. well many thanks for the info on the disks lads!!
(im guessing thats what u meant by blanks???) not too sure as im new too all this and owning a type r (which i ADORE)
but i think ill try and go for the: Ebay Drilled and Grooved Discs with the DS2500's
Goodridge Braided Lines
And Motil RBF600
sound good lads??

and as for the "txt chat" can honestly say its down to the fact that im new here... not that im an ignoramous.. or (Total R**ARD!!)
cheers milano!

(im guessing thats what u meant by blanks???)

and as for the "txt chat" can honestly say its down to the fact that im new here... not that im an ignoramous.. or (Total R**ARD!!)
cheers milano!

;)

Sounds good to me chum although personally i'd go for OEM blanks instead as they are very high quality but if you're wanting the "drilled and grooved" looks then by all means go for it :smt023

Are the OEM Disks good enough if I want to take me car on a track day? Knock Hill is my local track, Or Crail for the 1/4 Mile. Also is there any point in upgrading the rear pads to the DS2500's as well or is that a waste of cash?

Back